Honeycomb Bugs & Issues
In the hopes that development of the SDK version of HC will pick up again, I thought it might be sensible to start a list of bugs and outstanding issues in the current HC v4 ROM (eMMC):
1. Market does not see all apps (not even HC apps like Flash 10.2)
2. Youtube doesn't work at all (tried the app, tried enabling/disabling HQ, tried with the app uninstalled and playing video through the browser ... nothing works)
3. Screen sensitivity around the edges is bad
4. No flash (tried the HC release, the preview and froyo flash ... none work)
5. Not all apps work under HC (many just forceclose, eg Angry Birds Rio, IMDB, )
6. Wifi - just inconsistent sometimes. You pick it up, wifi was working fine before it went to sleep, shows connected but nothing. Turning wifi on/off/on sometime helps - otherwise, a cold boot, plus turning wifi on/off/on fixes it. I also noticed that when it has issues, the wifi will sometimes see every wifi in range BUT the ones that it has settings saved for. (FYI - also tried the various Wifi sleep policies to see if they can fix this without success)
7. The recent apps menu button doesn't scroll
8. Email app has a memory leak (making the nook really sluggish until you kill the 80MB+ process)
Last edited by coolVariable; 04-13-2011 at 01:44 AM.
- 03-26-2011, 08:40 PM #2
- 03-28-2011, 11:09 PM #3
- 03-29-2011, 06:45 PM #5
- 03-30-2011, 05:12 PM #7
- 03-30-2011, 06:40 PM #9
- 03-31-2011, 01:36 PM #10
- 45 Posts
I don't own a Nook Color but I've been considering it to run HC on but from what I've seen in this forum the Gallary App doesn't work because it doesn't work in the SDK.
Thanks to the OP for posting this because I think It's a good idea to start a thread that list all the bugs with HC Nook in one place because most people don't have the time to read through every thread and find every bug. I just wish that somebody that does follow every thread would update it when things are fixed.
- 03-31-2011, 03:57 PM #11
I would still be running HC if it weren't so buggy. I really enjoy the UI.
Last edited by coolVariable; 04-02-2011 at 05:28 PM.
- 04-11-2011, 11:05 AM #16
- 17 Posts
With "stock" Honeycomb and no persistent apps running, not using it at all, the battery will last 1.5 days. If I use it to read books, with the brightness almost all the way down, I'll be lucky to get 5-6 hours out of it.
- 04-12-2011, 12:09 PM #18
- 3 Posts
I may be wrong, but there is also some weirdness with the "all running apps" button on the notification bar (the "panel" button that shows you previews of your running apps). Using settings, I can stop apps, but they will still show up in that preview menu, and I can open them up as if they never were stopped).
PS- Go easy on me, I'm an Android nooby.
- 05-18-2011, 02:07 PM #20