NC driving me nutz - Media playback

irid10t

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
OK, so I've had this NC for 2 weeks now, and it is driving me nutz.

Started by putting HC on the internal memory. Works great, except I can't play youtube stuff, and files on my sd card aren't playable either (tried MP3, video in mp4, flv, avi, mpg formats), and I can't get Firefox to install.

So I've played with other Android versions on it - Froyo on internal memory (boots and sort of runs but not well, same issues w/ media playback), CM7 on internal memory (nearly bricked it, can't boot it), Froyo on sd card, HC on sd card. All have either issues booting and running or if it will boot and run then I have the media playback issues.

So I finally got ADB working (Ubuntu desktops), and I've retried the Froyo on internal memory and adding marketplace, etc. via ADB and it still isn't happy.

Suggestions? I'm on the verge of putting the stock OS back on here and giving this to my daughter and taking her cheap K-Mart (Coby!) tablet that does do all of this playback on Android 2.1 :(

n25philly

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
What are you trying to play on it? The nook is very finicky about what it will play. If it's above a 840 x 480 resolution forget about it. Use handbrake to change the file to that size and it should play ok.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12