1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Question on Rooting NC

purchasing a nook color soon and didn't realize i could root froyo or honeycomb, my question is I still want to be able to read my books in the nook color will this disable the reading on the NC?
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

might have answered my own question maybe somebody could give me verification, with auto-rooter you still have the nook color itself but able to add apps and the market to it is that correct?

Quote Originally Posted by zakolson5 View Post
    might have answered my own question maybe somebody could give me verification, with auto-rooter you still have the nook color itself but able to add apps and the market to it is that correct?
    With autonooter you are still able to read books, the stock rom is still present. Even if you do decide to flash another rom, you could download the nook app and use that for your BN books as well.
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

ok good to know thanks, the app works just like the book software on the ROM of the NC?

The app is similar to the NC ROM, but not as pretty. You can run Froyo from an SD card, and can easily go back to stock by removing the SD to read.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

hm, that might be an option what root is the smoothest running one?

I find my rooted stick runs great di can still read books and magazines. I really like the stock reader and think when the update is rooted an i have flash all my needs will have been met.