Unusual issue

NookAnon

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
I have a new NC that I rooted using auto nooter. I had it all set up with apps and everything. I had installed clockwork mod recovery using rom manager. This was all yesterday and nook was running well even this morning. Until it showed a message stating there was an error and it needed to reload that is. It showed this message on a screen that looked exactly like the registration screen you get when you first turn on a new NC. After that it rebooted and showed the android icon coming out of a trash can (I assume something to do w/ cwm) Now it loads to rooted NC stock. The problem is I don't have any apps on it other then talk, market, calendar, email, NCtools, Superuser, no YouTube. Now I can't login to that to access market and I have no file manager program that I could use to side load. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. If there is a way to load into cwm recovery I don't know it.

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Since it looks like you are half way there, I would follow the instruction in the stickies to completely unroot the device just to be sure. Then go back and give autonooter 3.0 another try. Don't forget the prerequisites, none of these are optional:

- Before rooting, you need to complete BN's registration process, you will not be able to link your NC to your BN account to buy books after rooting. Do Not Proceed with Rooting unless the Nook is Registered, You will not be prompted to register with BN once you have completed the Root Process.

- You need a 128 MB or higher microSD card that you are willing to completely erase. ( Note: It's recommended you use a Class 6 microSD card as a lower grade card may have issues. )

- You need access to a computer.

- the computer must be able to read and write a microSD card.

- the computer must have a working USB port to talk to the nook.

- You need a working wifi connection for the NC.

- You must have a Gmail/YouTube linked Account. IF you used a Gmail account for B&N Registration you should use that one for this process. If you don't have a Gmail account, go get one (http://mail.google.com/mail/signup). You need it for this process even if you never use it again in your life.

- You must have a program to write disk images, either dd (Linux or Mac) or Win32DiskImager (Windows) software (details below).

NookAnon

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
I have managed to get on to cwm recovery. I am currently loading auto nooter .zip onto sd card and try and get it on from there. I also tried to backup my current format (in event that I wreck this further, lol) but get an error stating can't mount /system. Any suggestions? I appreciate every bit of help I can get from you guys.

EDIT: Tried to install auto nooter .zip from cwm recovery and it gave an installation aborted failure. Still open to other suggestions. I don't have access to a computer as administrator to do the original method as I am at work :(

EDIT 2: Went ahead and installed Gingerbread, all appears to be working so far :)

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phone user