Nook Color Unrooted Itself

vwarnick

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
All,

Crazy as it sounds, my rooted NC has seemingly reset itself. I was running a rooted Stock ROM with software version 1.1.0 (this was the state prior to my rooting the device) and all was well. I turned it on today and had the stock start up screen, and had to re-register it with B&N. The market icon is still in my Extras menu, but won't connect. The superuser app is still there but with no apps registered, nor any log data. Anyone else run into this? Anyone have any suggestions as to how I should proceed?

lehons

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
This happened to me at some point. I was messing around with my Google account, trying to get it to sync better.
I ended up resetting it back to stock and rooting again from the start. Haven't had any problems since.

vwarnick

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
CanadaBlue,

Any idea what you are doing to cause it? Like Lehons, I too was messing with my Google accounts to get them to sync better.

CanadaBlue

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Once I was in an app, hit the back icon and ZAP!
Another time I was going to the B&N book shelve to check up on a book, and the last time I was checking some set up with Google.

What will it be next time?

dlcullen

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
eww it's like B&N programed in some kind of magic little file that zaps the thing back to stock if you root it ;-P
Just kidding, I haven't had it happen, but I do end up reinstalling different ROMs on an SD card because the quite working right for me!

Gracchii

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Don't know if this is it but as a preventative measure to unwanted B&N updates go to security/otacerts.zip and rename otacerts to something else. Just remember to change back if you want official upgrades. I used root explorer.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams