Can't Mount SD

tpocsik

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Hey everyone,

I'm currently trying to go from a nightly build in mid March to CM7 stable, and have encountered difficulties with my SD card (so I think). I should state that I'm not overly familiar with a lot of this stuff, but I did get the previous nightly working fine.

I've followed the steps to flash the new version onto my Nook, but it won't read my SD card (4 gig class 4). It's the same card I used to install Clockwork and flash it the first time. I formatted it, reformatted it, attempted to format it using the Nook, but for some reason I keep getting an error "E: can't mount SD" (or something to that effect) when I try to install from zip. I have wiped the cache etc., but I don't think that has anything to do with the SD.

I'm led to believe that the SD's partition is fubar. I've attempted to use FAT32 formatter and keep getting the error "Partition has collapsed". However I can't delete it on computer manager to reallocate it. Note I've been formatting using windows first (to NFTS) then FAT32 formatter, where I get the error.

If anyone could offer any help it would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks!

tpocsik

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Thanks that worked great for the SD fix.

However now when I try to install from zip I get the following error:

assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "encore" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "encore" \\ getprop("ro.product.board") == "encore"
E:Error in /sdcard/update-cm7.0.0-encore-signed.zip
(Status 7)

When I put my SD back into my computer it keeps telling me it needs to be formatted to be used, but it still works fine without performing another format. Any ideas?

Something worth noting: Whenever I try to wipe cache or date/factory reset, after it says completed, it gives me the following (for both):

E:Can't mount /cache/recovery/log
E:Can't open/cashe/recovery/log
E:Can't mount /cache/recovery/log/last_log
E:Can't open/cashe/recovery/log/last_log

Not sure if that is relevant at all, but I figured I would throw it in there.

Thanks.

picopir8

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
The zip file issue sounds like the file might be corrupt. On the download page, you should see an md5sum for the file. If you do not already have one, download a program to calculate an md5sum. Then calculate the md5sum of the zip file (both the one on the card and the one on your PC) and compare it against the one provided on the download page. If they match then there is no corruption, if they do not match then there is is corruption. If there is corruption, delete the file, redownload, and copy back to the card. Make sure you click the "safely remove" icon before ejecting the card. If the md5sums match, then perhaps the image file used to make the sd card might be corrupt.

You will likely get errors if you insert the card back into a windows PC after running the script. Windows can only recognize the first partition of a sd card and it also only recognizes fat/ntfs partitions. The script creates multiple partitions, some of which are ext3 partitions so I would suspect that windows will probably have trouble with such cards. I use linux though (which has no problem with these partitions) so I am not sure how windows actually handles the unrecognized partitions (if it gives errors or simply ignores them).

tpocsik

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, I will try that later today.

However my only problem with that is I tried re-downloading the zip from the CM website and it still gave me the same error, but I will try this method just in case.

Any other advice is welcome also!

Thanks again.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon