1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Installing CM7 on SD Card

I have run both Honeycomb and Froyo off of an SD card on my Nook Color, I have seen a few threads mentioning running CM7 on the SD card, is there anywhere that lists the information on loading CM7 to an SD card to run in the NC?

Thanks in advance.

This thread has been linked to several times here. I'm running it now and it is quite stable and pretty fast. I could never get Froyo or Honeycomb to run this well. The size agnostic part makes the SD card partitioning moot as it is automatic. That is the single biggest problem I had with the other two OS's running off of SD. This one solves that problem.

-Brian
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks, I did do a search.

Guess I was being a bit lazy and didn't really look all that hard at the results.

Can someone explain the first part in that post?

It says "http://nook.handhelds.ru/sdimage/gen...rd-v1.1.img.gz" Write the image on your SD card. I tested with 2G and 8G cards and both worked."

What is a GZ image and what do I use to write the image? I have written honeycomb image to sd card and booted ok before but I am not sure about this one. I read the thread and no one asked this question. It then says to eject sd card and connect to computer, I though you burn the image in the computer.

Someone please explain for us noobies.

Thanks in advance.

A .gz image is created with gzip. If you run Windows, you can extract the image file with 7-zip or winzip (linux or OS X computers should already have the necessary software for this).

You need to write the installer image to the card in the computer and then eject the card and reinsert it to add the cm7 zip file, eject it again and insert it into the nook.
    Thanked by:

Thanks! That was very helpful.