touch screen problems..

jayblazer

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
The screen keeps a spot pressed or acts like it is being tapped after i touch a spot. Does anyone have any suggestions? I am running the latest cm7 installed to the nook. Thanks for any help you my may offer.

Last edited:

IanMcB

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I had the same issue with CM7 and ADW - if I tried to start an app that was in the dock it would act as if I was dragging the icon out onto the desktop. When I switched to Phiremod it stopped for a few days, but yesterday started doing it again.

It didn't do it when I was using Zeam so I will probably switch back. Maybe I need to work on my touchscreen skills.

marcjac

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure if this will help, but I recall reading about some screen recalibration software (free IIRC) on the Market to help with screen sensitivity after rooting. Maybe worth a look??

-Marc

jmunchies1

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
I also had this happenlast night. CM7 nightly 41.

Screen went crazy and seemed like it was stuck on pressed.

All I could do was long press power to shutdown.

slcbtf

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
Mine did the same thing after I installed CM7. I rebooted a couple times and it went away. It hasn't come back since.

jayblazer

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I read a ton of older posts and decided I needed a screen protector. I'm going to give that a shot for a bit and see how it works.. I did download a touch screen recalabrator just in case.. I will let you all know what I come up with..

robt1

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Phantom touch stopped completely after I got a screen protector. Mine were so frequent that I thought my nook was damaged.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

jayblazer

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Phantom touch stopped completely after I got a screen protector. Mine were so frequent that I thought my nook was damaged.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

I have had no problems since yesterday myself.. I was also thinking that mine was a dud.. this should be considerd essential..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon