1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default touch screen problems..

The screen keeps a spot pressed or acts like it is being tapped after i touch a spot. Does anyone have any suggestions? I am running the latest cm7 installed to the nook. Thanks for any help you my may offer.
    Last edited by jayblazer; 04-20-2011 at 04:11 PM.

Global Posts
    237 Global Posts

If you are experiencing this while the USB cord is plugged in, remove it and see if the problem continues.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Nope its not plugged into anything. Also turning the screen off then on does nothing for the problem.

Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM9

I had the same issue with CM7 and ADW - if I tried to start an app that was in the dock it would act as if I was dragging the icon out onto the desktop. When I switched to Phiremod it stopped for a few days, but yesterday started doing it again.

It didn't do it when I was using Zeam so I will probably switch back. Maybe I need to work on my touchscreen skills.
    HTC One- InsertCoin 7.0.3
    iPad 3rd Gen - 32 gig
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Is this maybe an issue with my nook? Do they all have this problem or just a few?

Global Posts
    237 Global Posts

All, or at least an awful lot, if it's caused by the USB cord being plugged in.

Quote Originally Posted by jayblazer View Post
    Is this maybe an issue with my nook? Do they all have this problem or just a few?
    I don't have this issue, but I am running 1.1. rooted.

Global Posts
    23 Global Posts

I'm not sure if this will help, but I recall reading about some screen recalibration software (free IIRC) on the Market to help with screen sensitivity after rooting. Maybe worth a look??

-Marc

Global Posts
    97 Global Posts

I also had this happenlast night. CM7 nightly 41.

Screen went crazy and seemed like it was stuck on pressed.

All I could do was long press power to shutdown.

Global Posts
    49 Global Posts

Mine did the same thing after I installed CM7. I rebooted a couple times and it went away. It hasn't come back since.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

I read a ton of older posts and decided I needed a screen protector. I'm going to give that a shot for a bit and see how it works.. I did download a touch screen recalabrator just in case.. I will let you all know what I come up with..

ROM
    SC 2.8, Cyan7 Encore

Phantom touch stopped completely after I got a screen protector. Mine were so frequent that I thought my nook was damaged.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Quote Originally Posted by robt1 View Post
    Phantom touch stopped completely after I got a screen protector. Mine were so frequent that I thought my nook was damaged.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk
    I have had no problems since yesterday myself.. I was also thinking that mine was a dud.. this should be considerd essential..