1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Quick tip for those who boot off the microdisc

I had a bunch of books on my internal memory I wanted to move to the card to be able to use some other readers but I had a heck of a time figuring out how to get them on there because windows refused to recognize the partition I needed. There seems to be a few posts around the net from people having the same issue so I figured I'd post what finally worked for me.
    In google apps store there is a free app called ES File Explorer and it worked simply like windows with a copy paste function from the EMMC to the appropriate folder on the disc. Easy as pie. No need to mess around with archaic command prompts xD
    Thanked by 2:

Thanks for the Tip,

Question, I have the Dual Boot for SD-Honeycomb as well.

If I remove the SD card on Sunday Night and I allow B&N to update my stock Nook Color, Would our root program from SD still work? Does anyone know for sure?
    Chubbs
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Well personally for me there is absolutely no reason to use the stock nook OS. There is a free book reader app called Moon+ that totally destroys the nook reader software. With moon you can customize everything right down to the level of ocd which is how I roll. I like the huge list of options and the real page turning effects when im into a good book. You can turn the brightness up and down and adjust the font size with gestures also which is fantastic.
    So I don't feel the need to upgrade the stock OS which will allow other people time to crash test it.
    Thanked by: