Bluetooth headsets for CM7 Nook Color?

brianstretch

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Which Bluetooth headsets are people using successfully on the Nook Color with CM7? My fairly old Plantronics Voyager 510 makes and then drops its connection, consistently, regardless of range. Or should I resist this thin excuse to buy a new toy and wait for the Bluetooth driver to evolve? I'm particularly interested in the Voyager Pro+.

unwiredmedic

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I have one of the Voyager Pro+ and I have exactly the same problem with it you are having. Music says it is streaming through BT on the Nook Color volume control, but the headset never has any audio, and if you go to BT settings, then you see the thing pair and connect, disconnect, connect, disconnect, connect, disconnect... ... ...

Don't have this problem with my Android phone. I guess there isn't a stable A2DP profile in the ROMs I have tried (Phiremod v5.1, 5.3, 6.0). The headset is good, but it won't make your Nook Color BT experience any better yet. I also cannot transfer files via BT to my phone or vice versa.

ndinfla

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
The issue seems to be the range of the bluetooth. I can get my motorola sd9's to work if i hold the nook about 8" from my head. My keyboard works from about 2 foot and my droix from about the same distance.
I would let the driver evolve

larryliz2000

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I think the possibility that the Nook may not have an antenna specifically designed to pick up the Bluetooth frequency needs to be thrown into this equation as a variable as well. There is an antenna for wi-fi because it was in the Nook spec to support wi-fi. It was never in the spec that it was to support Bluetooth. So the proper antenna would not have been installed. I'm guessing the wi-fi antenna is being used for the Bluetooth as well and it just isn't the proper length.

gojoe243

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the welcome, I'm new to the Android world having just installed cm7 on my both own
and my wife's color Nooks (via sd card) and searching around to learn what I can do within these great apps, Joe

ducatti20

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
This is a really old thread but I'll reply..... there is NO bluetooth antenna inside the nook color.... there is a transmitter/reciever but no antenna. Range will be under 2 feet, nothing can be done about it.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

triesandluth

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
I have been successfully using my cm7.2 (I believe) nook color with blueput droid app to control my ps3 from across my room,about 18 feet, with no problems. But it will only pair,not connect, to my phone. Might be due to running an ics rom on my phone.