Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    81 Global Posts

Default Nook Color 1.2 App problems and comments

So, I did the manual update this morning and am loving the additional capabilities. The first app to be downloaded was Angry Birds (of course). Unfortunatley, I experienced a problem in that it would not install. Found this on the Barnes and Noble site:

Q4: When I try to install “Angry Birds”, I get an error. Help?
    This issue is being investigated by our engineering team.
    WORKAROUND: Please remove any microSD cards from your NOOK Color and try again. You can reinsert the card after installation has completed.
    Worked like a charm. Will be playing at lunch.

Are you running as nook color or rooted? If rooted, how did you install the update?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    81 Global Posts

Running as Nook Color - No root.

I put my NC back to stock and did an manual upgrade. I installed a bunch of the free apps from the store for now and I've only played with a couple. It doesn't look like there is a file manager app in the store yet. I'm missing a few of the things that I had installed while it was rooted. I'll root again as soon as I can.

The only problem I'm having so far is the email app starts and only runs for about 15 seconds and then closes. I hope a fix comes down soon. Email is such a basic function.

My wireless on the NC is currently messing up my network connection. This was after the update....any ideas?

ROM
    CM10.1

Thumbs up Won't update when rooted

I am running rooted stock 1.1 and it wouldn't allow me to install the new update. I think I'm going to wait on a newer autonooter version to be released again before installing the update again.
    Looking forward to having Froyo on my nookdroid NookieFroyo blows...