Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Apps missing from market (SD Gingerbread)

EDIT: Sorry. Title should say Honeycomb.

I updated the NookColor to 1.2, and then proceeded to get Honeycomb running from the SD card. Installed the Market and everything seems to be mostly working, except that the Market is missing some apps. Tweetdeck, Lookout, Facebook, etc. Any idea why? IS this a honeycomb thing? Is there a fix? Tweetdeck does show up in AppBrain and the Amazon Market, but won't install.

Couple of other things I am noticing. Youtube videos start to play and then I get an error. Is that a Flash issue? And the Kindle app force closes every time I try to open a book.

ROM
    CM7 92611Ntly / CM 7.0.3

look at this post #92:

ManualNooter 4.4.28 (For Stock 1.2) - Page 10 - xda-developers

also see post #126 on same post page 13

these are instructions for the new nooter for the latest version from B&N but they may work for you
    I downloaded the apps I wanted that wouldn't load from mediafire to my computer (angry birds, aldiko...) put then on the nook via USB (NOT SD can't have SD in nook for some apps) and installed by finding the file in a file explorer app
    Thanked by:
    fje00 
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

That worked! Tweetdeck and Facebook now appearing in the Market. Facebook installs and runs fine. Tweetdeck not so fine. Downloads from Market okay, but install is unsuccessful.

Why won't Tweetdeck install? Is it a problem with Tweetdeck being somehow incompatible with Honeycomb?

ROM
    CM7 92611Ntly / CM 7.0.3

supposedly Tweetdeck does work w/HC so no clue, one post mentioned Tweetcaster on the nook?

glad I could help :-)