Nook won't charge

cporcellijr

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm on cm7 nightly 41 and my nook won't charge it says battery too low wait 15 minutes and try again. Left plugged in all night and still dead. Is there anything I can do. Maybe get back to stock so I can bring back to Barnes and Noble? But computer won't recognize because it won't turn on.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

muaetsy

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Call B&N...I had the same thing happen with mine. They shipped me a new one free of charge (it's under warranty) and I had it within 48 hours of calling.

They were super nice about it and I was surprised they used 2 day shipping.

1-800-THE-BOOK (1-800-843-2665)

vlozano06

Dec 6, 2009
Visit site
I'm having the same problem, running cm7.
Switched out both power adapter and cable with a few others I have lying around, and still won't turn on or charge. Any other solutions?

As far as calling B&N, does it matter that I'm using a different rom? What info do I need before I call?

kcls

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Switched out both power adapter and cable with a few others I have lying around, and still won't turn on or charge. Any other solutions?

As far as calling B&N, does it matter that I'm using a different rom? What info do I need before I call?

Wholly cow... could you have dug up an older post?

Sent from my CM7'd NookColor using Tapatalk

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site

First, you have to use the B&N charger and cable. Others will not work or will barely work.

When did this start and what ROM are you using?

When I charge my Nook Color I completely shut it down once it starts charging. That way nothing interrupts or it or uses power. Have you tried that?

If all still does not work, you could try bringing the cable and charger into a B&N store and ask them either check it out or replace it. If that does not work, call B&N customer service if still under warranty and tell them your problem. Do not mention CM7. They may send a new cable and charger or they may tell you they need to replace the Nook. In that case, if you can run the Nook while plugged in restore the stock ROM. You can back up all your apps first with Titanium Backup and then restore them to the replacement Nook after you re-root it.