Nook Color questions

mrblahblah

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I am definitely interested in purchasing the Nook Color, and I am wondering when everyone's uses theirs as a E-reader does it strain your eyes at all?

Also how is the battery life on this? And if the Battery ever dies is some how replaceable?

thanks

TerryB

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
I have read from the NC for hours on end without strained eyes.
The power consumers are the radios wi-fi and bluetooth and the display. So, if you shut down the radios and turn off the screen when not using it, it will run for a couple days.
The battery according to a ZDnet article is accessible beneath about 10 torx screws and is plug in. But, opening the case voids the warranty, but, when it is under warranty, why access the battery. After warranty, you might choose to replace it.

TerryB

npark

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I am definitely interested in purchasing the Nook Color, and I am wondering when everyone's uses theirs as a E-reader does it strain your eyes at all?

Also how is the battery life on this? And if the Battery ever dies is some how replaceable?

thanks

I use the NC with CM7 and it's about 50% games, 40% ereading, and 10% web browsing. It's an awesome tablet.

I loved my Kindle 3. The NC is not as nice as an e-ink e-reader, especially the really great screen on the Kindle 3. However, using the Kindle app with a black background and white text works well for me, minimal eyestrain. It's a compromise, but well worth it. I enjoy carrying around the NC more than I ever did carrying around the Kindle because I can do so much more with it--and it's not half-bad for reading. (except I cannot do white background and black text. That hurts my eyes after a while)

melt2sk8

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Hi MrBlah -

Right now, I use my NookColor strickly for reading and it does make my eyes tired. (It could be I'm older and read mostly at night).

But the touch screen and color is just the coolest thing evah!

muaetsy

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm fairly young and I don't find that it hurts my eyes...For night reading I change the page background to a cream rather that the white.

I love my nook color.

SteveInJoplin

May 13, 2011
Visit site
I like the versatility of the Nook Color, especially now that you can install HoneyComb on it but I have a lot invested in Kindle Books. Since it is running android, has anyone tried to download the Android Kindle reader to it and get the best of both worlds from an E-Reader???

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I have not noticed any eye strain and I am older.

The Nook reader that comes with the device has a setting for "night" . This sets the background to gray and the text to an off white. There is very little glare in this setting.

Battery life is good. I believe I get 10+ hours of reading per charge.