Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Rooted AOSP JB on all

Default New version of honeycomb out. Full SDK11

There is a new honeycomb port in XDA. It could be worth a look. I'm getting ready to flash it now. It's still an SDK port, but an SDK port of the latest SDK, rather than an old preview.

The Q&A
    7. Questions and Answers

With the stock Market still being funky, what options do i have?
    The system can still side load apps, so any APKs you can grab can be installed with adb. Additionally, because of this,you can install other 3rd party Markets such as Slide and Amazon, which will let you install more apps.

Can i use the HC overclocked kernel?
    At this time no. I have tried using the last released HS OC kernel, and something about it causes the system to hang at the boot animation. I want to look into it further though, and see if i can discover the source of the issue.
    As of RC1, the kernel shipping in this package, is the same one that is found in the "HC-v4-emmc-2nd-edition" released for the preview SDK.

What is different about this release, compared to the other SDK port
    The previous port was based off of the preview SDK, which Google labeled as SDK 10. The actual release of Honeycomb however, was bumped to SDK 11. This port uses that code, which means that it should be compatible with all the new new Honeycomb apps (Google body, etc). Certain things, like the Gmail for tablets, do work, and show what Honeycomb is all about.

How much more can be done on this release?
    From here, the big fixes would be:
    - Getting the stock Honeycomb Market to work
    - Getting audio working
    - Getting newer OC kernels workin
    - Smothing out the UI experience as much as possible.

How can i help?
    All the source that i had available is in the .zip package. Because there is no freely available source, all the work involves modifying the released binaries and framework .jars. There is additional tweaking that can be done to the ramdisk and kernel. If you feel adventurous, all of these are in the update package, and can be tweaked at your leisure. If you think you have something, don't be shy - zip it up and let us test it!
    [ROM] [WIP] Honeycomb SDK Port - The Return (Updated v2! 5/5) - xda-developers

Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM9

I loaded this last night. Pretty impressive but imho not quite ready for primetime yet. If I knew anything about coding or programming I would love to help them out.

For the moment I switched back to Phiremod but will definitely keep an eye on that thread.
    HTC One- InsertCoin 7.0.3
    iPad 3rd Gen - 32 gig
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

ROM
    Rooted AOSP JB on all

That's what I did. Played around with google body, tablet gmail, and a few honeycomb apps, and went back to phiremod. Still, it shows a lot of promise, and is fun to play around with. Definitely something to watch as well.

Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM9

I see v3 is out now. Will probably take that for a spin tonight.

My wife will be thrilled that that's how I want to spend Friday night.
    HTC One- InsertCoin 7.0.3
    iPad 3rd Gen - 32 gig

ROM
    CM7, Velocity 1.1

Will be making a new backup tomorrow and testing this out.

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts

how is it compared to the old one? I'm not gonna have time to try it out for a while

ROM
    CM7, Velocity 1.1

there are some changes, market looks different. couple of other small things, different browser, a bit faster then the old one.

Seems to be the same as before with a few small quirks and such. I like it.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

ROM
    Rooted AOSP JB on all

It's better than the old one. It's got the full tablet market, it's got the ability to run all the honeycomb apps, etc. It's still not perfect, but better. I think in a few revisions, it might be better enough to make my daily over CM7.

ROM
    CM7, Velocity 1.1

Quote Originally Posted by E_man View Post
    It's better than the old one. It's got the full tablet market, it's got the ability to run all the honeycomb apps, etc. It's still not perfect, but better. I think in a few revisions, it might be better enough to make my daily over CM7.
    It is a lot better. the guy that took up the new charge has deeper-blue helping him out now, he saw what the guy had done and sent in all the stuff he'd been working on. I think 4 devs over the last 4 days have pushed out 3 revisions. I'm looking forward to more stable OS.