Sideload Wonder Machine

galatians51

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I have an unrooted 1.2 Nook Color. I actually like it a lot the way the UI is now. All I want is a few apps I have purchased the the Market and the Amazon Marketplace to run on the NC. Does anyone have any experience with the NC running the Sideload Wonder Machine?

f308gt4

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
You don't need to be rooted to use the Sideload Wonder Machine on a droid phone. I've used it on my inspire.

The idea is that if you could use this to sideload apps onto the stock (unrooted) Nook Color, you wouldn't need to root.

I am thinking about getting a Nook Color for my wife, but don't want to root it. If I want to load some apps that are not in the limited market, the AC-SWM would fit the bill, if it works.

I know that you can run android off of the SD card, and that may be an option, but not ideal, since this will be for my wife, and not me. Would prefer to be unrooted, and just sideload any apps that she may need.

fullofsecrets

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Thank you, Kazy. I don't have a need to root my Nook Color (and I think that would void my extended protection, besides), so perhaps I'll just wait for a few more apps to creep into B&N's store.

I appreciate the information!

mvpilot172

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Run CM7 on a SD card, then youstill have a stock nook when you take out the card. I've been really impressed with the performance with cm7.

eibbed0001

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
So if I add an app via my sd card CM7 bootup will it still be available when using the default Nook interface? Pardon me if that's a dumb question but I just bought the Nook today and am searching the forums to figure out the best way to get Android Market apps on it. Plus it's not for me, but my husband and I think he might prefer me not screwing around with the hard disk portion. :-O

jedipunk

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
So if I add an app via my sd card CM7 bootup will it still be available when using the default Nook interface?

No, it will not. But you can use a boot menu to make it easy to toggle what system to boot up without having to eject your sd card. [ADV] Boot menu for the Nook Color [2011-03-19] - xda-developers

What I have done is install the Nook app, Amazon app, and an ebook reader on my CM7 and I just run CM7 from the SD card all the time. Rarely, do I have reason to boot to stock. Although my battery does drain faster running CM7, I keep the device near my night stand so I don't really care.