Preferred root/overclock for a new Nook Color from B&N today...

Kadin

May 7, 2011
Visit site
So I'm planning to go pickup a Nook Color today at B&N. I'll assume it will have 1.2 on it. Which of the many articles on here, sticky or not, should I read up to get the latest best (read: stable) build up and running. I should add that Bluetooth is not a necessity. Thanks!

alphawave7

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Use Nooter to root (superuser,etc.), then d/l ROM Manager, use it to install Clockwork (CWR) Recovery. With RM, back up existing ROM and then 'check' for latest CM7 build, d/l, install (wipe data/factory reset and wipe dalvik cache) using RM/CWR and enjoy! :D

Reactions: Kadin

alphawave7

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
How about running it with CM7 via the SD card and keeping the Nook stock... just in case? This page looks pretty decent and I was thinking of trying this option first to get an idea of what to expect before fully wiping the Nook.

Oh and btw, this one I got from B&N has 1.1 on it actually.

Site: Nook Color CM7 Install Tutorial and Review - Android 2.3 GingerBread on Nook Color

Nothing wrong at all with that approach..it's what I did. That lasted a day! LOL! (honestly, it lasted a few hours) Then I did this:
http://forum.androidcentral.com/bar...release-gingerbread-internal-memory-emmc.html

edit: So long as you back up each ROM before proceeding with any updates, there's no worries burning to EMMC regularly. ;)

Reactions: Kadin

Kadin

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Haha... ok thanks. I'll look into that thread and absorb as much info as I can. I have to say that so far... I'm quite impressed with this little unit.

Kadin

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Another quick question. So I upgraded to a larger card but trying to format my 2GB SD card won't recover the original size. It still shows only 115MB total size. Am I missing something...?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon