Who makes the Nook Color?

fetterjohn

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Who manufactures the Nook Color for B&N? It is driving me crazy to find this out... A friend of mine told me that they are made by Samsung...but I doubt that.

I can't find this information doing a Google search nor in any Nook / Android threads so far. So if this info is out there, please steer me to it.

Does anyone know?

Thanks...

FJ :)

ekz13

May 31, 2010
Visit site
found this, I guess they actually make them?

------------
Barnes & Noble NOOKcolor eReader | Video Game Systems | Tecca

Description Enjoy your digital books, magazines and newspapers in color with this digital reader that features a 7" color touch-screen display with VividView™ technology for more than 16 million colors and a wide viewing angle for easy readability.
Manufacturer: Barnes & Noble
Model Number: BNRV200
Features7" color touch-screen display With VividView™ technology and 6 adjustable font sizes. The wide viewing angle and more than 16 million colors provide a bright display and easy readability.AliveTouch™ technology Allows your child to interact with words and pictures, easily find a favorite story and have it read aloud.ArticleView™ technology Makes magazine reading easy and engaging.8GB internal memory Provides space for storing up to 6,000 eBooks or a combination of 1,000 books, 25 full-color magazines, 10 newspapers, 50 kids' books, 500 songs and 150 photos.Built-in microSD media card slot For accessing eBooks and other digital content stored on microSD memory cards (not included).Supports a variety of media formats Including ePub, BBeB, Adobe PDF, XLS, DOC, PPT, PPS, TXT, DOCM, XLSM, PPTM, PPSX, PPSM, DOCX, XLSX, PPTX, JPG, GIF, PNG, BMP, MP3, AAC and MP4 formats.High-speed microUSB port For fast data transfer.Wi-Fi wireless b/g/n LAN Connect to the Internet without wires.NOOKbook personal shopping Offers more than 2 million books, magazines, newspapers and personalized book recommendations based on books you like. Lend, borrow, share and recommend books to friends via Facebook, Twitter or Google.DetailsPlatform: AndroidTotal Built-In Memory: 8GBExpandable Memory: microSDPC Required: NoScreen Size (Measured Diagonally): 7"Number of Ports: 1Connection Port: Micro USBSupports MP3: YesKeyboard Entry: Yes, on displayAdjustable Font Size: YesBacklight: YesBattery Type: Lithium-polymerConnectivity: Wi-FiDictionary: EnglisheBook Storage: 6000 eBooksBattery Life: Up to 8 hoursNavigation: Touch screenIn the BoxBarnes & Noble NOOKcolor eReaderUSB cableOwner's manual

hubtime

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Foxconn Makes them...

Who manufactures the Nook Color for B&N? It is driving me crazy to find this out...
FJ :)

Hon Hai which is the parent company of Foxconn (yep that Foxconn that makes the Apple stuff) has the contract for making both Nook's (Color and Plain). This is the information that I came across... To my knowledge Barnes and Noble is not manufactures of hardware. 2 cents perhaps....

Eagle90229

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Foxconn was correct, but as for finding parts for my nook color it was nole joy at their site. I found www.powerbookmedic.com...it is an awesome site for those of us who have electronics that are out of warranty and aren't afraid of cracking into them. Power switch and actuator went out on my Wife's nook color...went to the site found the part I needed, fixed the nook, wife happy, everybody happy!