No WIFI after Netflix

joeybcdt

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
This is getting stranger.

A friend suggested I update cm7 from 7.0.0 to 7.0.2. so that would get me current AND replace build.prop so I could start over again.

I updated to cm7.0.2. Deleted my WIFI network then rejoined it (I probably could've done that to begin with). WIFI now works.

Same deal with ES File Explorer. Menu>Settings>Root Operations, Root Explorer and Mount File System are both checked.

Copy/Paste build.prop to sdcard.

Go to Local>System>build.prop>ES Note Editor
Change ro.product.model=Nook Color to =Nexus S
Change ro.product.manufacturer=bn to =samsung

Hit back arrow twice
Do you want to save build.prop? I hit Yes
Error occurred when trying to save the file. Close any way? Eventually I have to hit "OK"
I can't save build.prop after changing it.

ricci427

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
This is getting stranger.

A friend suggested I update cm7 from 7.0.0 to 7.0.2. so that would get me current AND replace build.prop so I could start over again.

I updated to cm7.0.2. Deleted my WIFI network then rejoined it (I probably could've done that to begin with). WIFI now works.

Same deal with ES File Explorer. Menu>Settings>Root Operations, Root Explorer and Mount File System are both checked.

Copy/Paste build.prop to sdcard.

Go to Local>System>build.prop>ES Note Editor
Change ro.product.model=Nook Color to =Nexus S
Change ro.product.manufacturer=bn to =samsung

Hit back arrow twice
Do you want to save build.prop? I hit Yes
Error occurred when trying to save the file. Close any way? Eventually I have to hit "OK"
I can't save build.prop after changing it.
I am getting the exact same issue, with the same error message.

ricci427

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Joey,

I was having the same issue as you were, I tried ES, I also bought and paid for "root manager", I couldn't edit and save the build.prop with either of those.
I bought "root explorer" and finally managed to edit and SAVE, the build.prop.
Try it its only a 3 dollar app....
but now I am having another issue with netflix playing everything at double speed?

joeybcdt

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Joey,

I was having the same issue as you were, I tried ES, I also bought and paid for "root manager", I couldn't edit and save the build.prop with either of those.
I bought "root explorer" and finally managed to edit and SAVE, the build.prop.
Try it its only a 3 dollar app....
but now I am having another issue with netflix playing everything at double speed?

You solved my problem! Thank you. WIFI and Netflix work.

The issue was that build.prop was Read Only no matter what settings in ES File Explorer. Root Explorer was able to change properties to R/W.

Joey

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995