Netflix running, but playing everything in high speed

ricci427

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Okay, so after much fussing, and three root explorer apps, I finally got netflix to run, and play video.

BUT --- everyone sounds like the chipmunks, I tried four different movie titles, and the were all playing double speed. As anyone come across this bug before? anyone know of a fix?

Thanks...

ricci427

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Guys,

600 people viewed this thread, no ideas on this double speed issue with netflix?

Is there a different / better way to install netflix, rather than changing the manufacturer, and model name?

roberto

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
With the latest Netflix app, you can install it without editing build.prop but it won't play at the correct speed unless you modify the file. Supposedly the older (2.6.29) kernel doesn't require this.

windman

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I had the exact same problem. Sound was impossible to understand due to high speed. Video looked ok other it might be running fast. I was using a nightly build of CM7 from about 10 days ago. I read somewhere that it would be best to use a stable version. I just flashed CM7.0.3-encore last night and Netflix works perfect now.:D

Legobricke

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Other forums suggest that this issue occurs on CM Nightlies... 65 and up..

Majority of those using CM7 stable do not have this issue.

Lego

crispian

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I am running the latest nightly (94) and Dalingrin's OC kernel (5/23/11) and I had the same problem. After lots of reading around and some trial and error I found that the simplest solution is just to edit 2 lines in the build.prop:

Make a backup copy of build.prop,
then change these two lines so they read-

ro.product.model=Vision
ro.product.manufacturer=htc

reboot & it works like a charm :)

With the OC kernel set to 1200 video is smooth and with the nightlies proper sleep etc battery life is pretty good. And this change doesn't seem to have messed up the Market or anything else either.

Now if I can just get HBO go to work...

chibucks

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
I am running the latest nightly (94) and Dalingrin's OC kernel (5/23/11) and I had the same problem. After lots of reading around and some trial and error I found that the simplest solution is just to edit 2 lines in the build.prop:

Make a backup copy of build.prop,
then change these two lines so they read-

ro.product.model=Vision
ro.product.manufacturer=htc

reboot & it works like a charm :)

With the OC kernel set to 1200 video is smooth and with the nightlies proper sleep etc battery life is pretty good. And this change doesn't seem to have messed up the Market or anything else either.

Now if I can just get HBO go to work...

same thing holds true if you have issues with just the rooted 1.2 as well. :)

dlcullen

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
I am running the latest nightly (94) and Dalingrin's OC kernel (5/23/11) and I had the same problem. After lots of reading around and some trial and error I found that the simplest solution is just to edit 2 lines in the build.prop...

Thanks! I installed the most recent nightly (99) and was having the same problem, I had changed the properties to Nexus S and samsung without any difference. Changing to Vision and htc worked beautifully!!!

This ROM is great! I also installed the Nook Color Tweaks app which allows you change some of the sound settings :)