How to Stream Hulu on the Nook Color and Other Android Devices

harish7447

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Tried it on my G2x, EB1.0.4Froyo ROM. Says "Hulu requires Flash Player 10.0.32 or higher..."

I get the same error!

This definitely didn't work but I do love that browser now. Hahahah... When I go to hulu.com is states "Hulu requires Flash Player 10.0.32 or higher. Please downlo....." I followed the directions to a T and everything seemed to install/work fine. I'm on a Dell Streak running Froyo 2.2.2. It seems it's something to do with hulu.com not recognizing that I have Flash (your version 10.3) installed. My Netflix still works great though with your edited version of Flash. So at least it didn't break anything.

Any idea's?

I got that to... try installing flash from system/app. Worked after that.
Also, Netflix doesn't use flash to work, so it wouldn't affect it at all. All this is doing is hex editing the flash player and browser to make hulu think a windows pc is accessing it.

"try installing flash from system/app" - Can yu please explain what this is?

OP: what os do you have? Is it rooted?

edit: I see you have CM7 installed. is on the sd? is your nook rooted?

I'm on HC on sd card, unrooted. I installed flash & dolphin hd. But I'm getting Flash is required on hulu. Please help!

Thanks

compchick813

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
I got that to... try installing flash from system/app. Worked after that.
Also, Netflix doesn't use flash to work, so it wouldn't affect it at all. All this is doing is hex editing the flash player and browser to make hulu think a windows pc is accessing it.

I'm getting the same error too but I haven't had any luck with installing it from system/app. I also tried uninstalling, rebooting, installing from system/app, and rebooting again. Any other tips?

third son

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Yeah...

I bet the issues are caused from running it off the mSD card. Glad that it's working for you though.

That's what I figured as well...I just haven't gotten the nerve to root mine yet. I appreciate the fiddlling you guys do for us though....this is fun stuff!

jtam2

May 20, 2011
Visit site
Working for me on NC CM7 (7.0.2) running off 16gb Class 2 SD card. Honestly, it's very slow to load and choppy even off 288 and I'm overclocked to 1.1. But still, thanks so much!!!! We appreciate everything you do!!!

sharrah

May 20, 2011
Visit site
I got it to load by uninstalling existing Flash through Titanium, rebooting, install new Flash... only way I could get the new hulu flash to work...

kkng2

May 20, 2011
Visit site
Do I have to root Nook first? There's no option for "Settings>Applications>Check the box next to Unknown sources" on Nook Color latest version 1.2.0.

Thanks,

tsanborn79

May 20, 2011
Visit site
I cant uninstall my flash player. It tells me its a system app and its greyed out in the manage application menu. HTC thunderbolt not rooted.

scarlettamps

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Thank you!

As always great work on the video Huskermania. I have rooted my nook color,installed cm7, got neflix working and now hulu with your help.
Thanks alot!:)

jonlee07

May 21, 2011
Visit site
When I try to install the flash_10.3-Hulufied... I got the error "application not installed"
Previous versions have already been removed.

If you get this error, make sure you power cycle your phone.

Last edited:

huskermania

Jun 12, 2010
www.youtube.com
Do I have to root Nook first? There's no option for "Settings>Applications>Check the box next to Unknown sources" on Nook Color latest version 1.2.0.

Thanks,

You're going to have to root you're Nook Color to get this to work. I have a few videos showing how to do this.

Rooting your NC via installing CM7:

Mac Version: YouTube - ‪How to Install CyanogenMod 7 on the Nook Color (Mac Version)‬‏

PC Version: YouTube - ‪How to Install CyanogenMod 7 on the Nook Color (PC Version)‬‏

I cant uninstall my flash player. It tells me its a system app and its greyed out in the manage application menu. HTC thunderbolt not rooted.

Yeah, you're going to have to root to get this to work on the TB. The only way you can remove Flash is with root access.