Thank you, I only have 2 left to go

trizzant

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Hi all, I have been on an adventure of rooting my nook for the past week. It's been a huge learning experience. Love the challenge. I must have jumped 50 hurdles trying to find the best method and the best version to run. Every time I typed a question into Google it almost always brought me back to this site. For that I thank you. I think I have settled on what works best for me, CM7 with 8gb class 4 sandisk running at 925MHz.

I still have two problems that I cannot get past.

1. How can I clone the fully functional micro SD card to another similar card so I can share with my family and friends? I'm not very fluent with Linux but I can always follow directions. The first thing I tried was win32diskimager since it was already on my computer. It looked like it finished properly so I put the card into the Nook and it hung at word android on bootup. Then I tried booting to clonezilla and ubuntu live from a 8GB flash drive and could not figure out what to do. Clonezilla seemed easy but I'm pretty sure it was trying to clone the 80GB internal drive instead of the 8GB microsd. I only had one option to choose from (the 80GB). So I kept trying different paths and it kept bringing back to the same place, nowhere. In ubuntu I saw three partitions for the card but could not figure out how to make an image out of them. Basically I want to make an image of my working card and make copies when I need them. I would perfer to do this in Windows but at this point any working solution would make me happy. Last night I even dreamed that my laptop had two SD Cards slots, I need to get past this one.

2. How do I remove the stock Android apps like, phone, messages, navigator, camera, ect? Basically the ones I can't use. I started into researching it but it seemed a little over my head. Maybe someone knows a easy app or something that would do it.

Thanks again for all your help!!!

trizzant

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Turns out the built in card reader was not being recognized, so nothing would see it. I moved over to my wife's laptop and clonezilla worked fine. I partitioned my 8gb flash drive to have clonezilla on 500mb and the rest for images to store. Tested and worked perfectly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol