Froyo on SD - upgrade to CM7 or HC?

philk37

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Hi there,
I'm running Froyo of SD and while I like it, I was thinking it might run smoother and better if I upgrade to CM7 or HC. Now that CM7 Stable has been released, it looks like that's the better option. My apps are saved to the SD card as well, so I am wondering if I will lose my apps.

I guess here's my questions: is there a way to update the SD card to run CM7 but still retain my apps? Ala an update rather than a brand new install?
Otherwise, if I install CM& or HC to internal memory, what's the best way to reinstall my apps from SD? If I pop in the SD card, it will boot Froyo.

Sorry if it's a bit of a noob question. Still learning how to do this stuff.

Thanks!

Legobricke

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Well...

Certainly you want to go CM7.... I have been running it a while... First on an SD card, then from Internal.

The 7.0.3 version is very stable... In fact, I have had no issues with it at all.... Super smooth.

As for the apps.... well, unless someone chimes in here, an install is like a hard reset...

I set my Nook up to sync my apps with google... So when I wiped and installed CM7, it went out and downloaded 90% on my apps.

Lego

philk37

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
So I went ahead and tried to install CM7 internal, but I could not get it to work. I followed the instructions over and over, but after doing the proper steps, it wouldn't boot. It gives the "Future of Reading" screen, then goes to black. There's a brief flash on the screen, like it is trying to switch to a new screen, but it never gets there and just sits there with a screen that is "on" but black.

Ultimately I gave up and went with SD Card install instructions. It works so far but can't figure out why it wouldn't work Internal...

tubnotub1

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Philk37,

Could you please shoot me a link to the instructions you followed to install CM7 on an SD card, I have been looking for some that are easy to follow but am having very luck finding some. Thanks in advance!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome