Want to turn 8gb Micro SD back to a 8gb Micro SD Card instead of a 117mb Boot Card.

Bigfame

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
I had a Nook Color but went and got a Xoom. I had a Transcend 8gb Class 6 Micro Sd in the Nook Color. Right Now after taking all the data off the SD Card it says it's just a Boot Card with 117mb. Is there a way to turn this Micro back to the 8gb Class 6 that I bought. I tried formatting to no avail. I am stuck and ANY HELP would be appreciated. Thanks

Davethebrewer

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
If you are doing this in Windows you probably will have to go to Disk Management and delete the first partition then format.

Right click "My Computer"
Select "Manage"
Select "Disk Management" (you need Administrative privileges)
Be very careful to pick the correct drive letter!
Right click the area where the drive letter appears and select "Delete partition"
Create a new primary partition and format

Reactions: bradm and Bigfame

Bigfame

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
There's also another program called sd formatter that alot of people recommend that can be found here

SD Formatter 3.0 for SD/SDHC/SDXC - SD Association
it will give you back your space

Thank You so much. I am going to try that now.

DUDE, YOU ARE AWESOME. I have my 8gb Class 6 BACK. Thanks so much!!!!!!!! WIsh I could get you a cold MGD.

I had 3 Micro SD Cards to reformat (All 8gb, 2 Class 6 and 1 Class 10). I can't Thank You Enough:)

If you have Paypal I can send you $10 for a Brew, I am not rich but I appreciate your help. Just let me know your Paypal name and I can send you that $10.

Last edited:

christoophat

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I used the SD formatter on a card with the same issue, it seemed to have wiped the card, but I still had to reformat it again under Windows before the full size showed again. What settings should one use w/ the SDformatter?
thanks

soundsource

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Honestly, i'm no expert, but i have used "quick format" with size adjustments off. i think that might be default settings and it has worked every time for me.

rafaalaouini

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
i accidently deleted the wrong partition now it still shows on manager but not in my computer and i cant add a new partition what to do??? please help me

- - - Updated - - -

i accidently deleted the wrong partition now it still shows on manager but not in my computer and i cant add a new partition what to do??? please help me

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non