Tango video call app

fetterjohn

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Hello all...

I have rooted my Nook color via the CM7 root on the SD card. I was messing around with it and DL'd the Tango application. If I "call" my wife using the app on the Nook...she can answer her phone and I can hear her talking (no video obviously). But when I tried both a headset with a microphone and a BT headset, she cannot hear me.

The question is...has anyone been successful with voice entry onto the Nook Color with any kind of microphone? :confused:

Thanks,

FJ

EVO-lutionary

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Hello all...

I have rooted my Nook color via the CM7 root on the SD card. I was messing around with it and DL'd the Tango application. If I "call" my wife using the app on the Nook...she can answer her phone and I can hear her talking (no video obviously). But when I tried both a headset with a microphone and a BT headset, she cannot hear me.

The question is...has anyone been successful with voice entry onto the Nook Color with any kind of microphone? :confused:

Thanks,

FJ

I am not a DEV so I could be wrong but to the best of my knowledge, that's impossible. If the NC had the ability to receive audio I'd think they'd have made use of it. As far as I know of can tell, it doesn't accept audio input any more than it will video input. Hope I'm wrong but betting I'm not.

fetterjohn

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
I am not a DEV so I could be wrong but to the best of my knowledge, that's impossible. If the NC had the ability to receive audio I'd think they'd have made use of it. As far as I know of can tell, it doesn't accept audio input any more than it will video input. Hope I'm wrong but betting I'm not.

Thanks for taking the time to answer...but I don't like that. There has to be a way!:confused:

Locochico22

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Tango issues on Droid Charge

Trying to run the App on my Droid Charge and no one can hear me. The video is fine, but no audio coming from me. Tried removing the battery and pressing the mute/unmute button. Still nothing. Any suggestions?

AnimaTechnica

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
you're probably better off posting this question in the droid charge forum NOT the Nook Color forum

Trying to run the App on my Droid Charge and no one can hear me. The video is fine, but no audio coming from me. Tried removing the battery and pressing the mute/unmute button. Still nothing. Any suggestions?

fetterjohn

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
yeah the mic is not hard wired and even if you used a bluetooth headset, the nook is not equipped to process the incoming audio signal

If this is the case...and please pardon my ignorance...and if CM7 is written for the NC, why is there voice input and phone widgets? Or is CM7 written for other devices as well?

FJ

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana