Where do you buy your ebooks?

Where do you purchase ebooks?

• Total voters

MHBlink8

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
So I realize that this is a Nook Color forum, but like most of you, I have a rooted NC running CM7, so I consider it more of an Android tablet anyway. Before the NC, I had a Kindle so I have quite a few Kindle books, but after reading them on the Kindle app, I have realized that it is not quite as good as the Nook app.

So, those of you that are rooted, where do you prefer to purchase your ebooks from?

EVO-lutionary

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
So far I have bought from B&N but in the future I plan to buy from Google Books because those books can be played on any device now and in the future and I don't wanna be tied to one companies hardware.

muaetsy

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm rooted but I have gotten most of my books from friends and then converted to epub with Calibre if needed. I also have some friends who get around DRM and they share books.

jeregano

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
I use the Nook app B&N nook store on my CM7 rooted device. I can read on all my devices (Nook app on all devices, even iOS and others) I can read magazines from the nook store (on the nook anyway using the Nook app on CM7) and I know that the reason B&N sold my Nook to meso cheap was because they counted on me buying some books from them, so I kind of see it as my way of saying thanks. I have the Kindle app (I had been using it before and will sometimes still use it, but usually the prices are the same in the two stores). I haven't yet checked out Google books

bb_girl

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
I've had 2 Kindles, love them as e-readers, and still use my K3 every day for most of my reading (I read some on my Android phone when away from home), so I buy all my books from Amazon.

I got the Nook primarily as a tablet; I don't read much on it and BN pissed me off so much when they came out with the original Nook (no BN membership discount on the devices or even on e-books), that I never plan to buy e-books from them.