Wifi doesn't start automatically after reboot CM7.0.2

bwat1009

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I recently went about five days without charging my nook because I misplaced my charger. At first, the nook didn't want to charge but eventually it did and has been working fine since. I tried to update to cm7.0.3 but it wouldn't load so I restored my backup of .0.2 and all has been fine except for one thing, that is that wifi doesn't start when I boot the device. It does after it has been asleep, just not when I boot or reboot it. I have changed the setting in the wireless settings so that it would never drop wifi and change to mobile data. Any suggestions? It is not a big problem to go to settings and turn on wifi (once turned on it works fine until I power down again) but it wasn't doing this before and I would like to resolve it if possible.

Thanks in advance for the advice

kibblenbits

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I found this on another site and did it to my nook with the terminal emulator and it fixed the problem:

Open a terminal (either directly on the nook or via "adb shell") and type the following

su
sqlite3 /data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db
delete from system where name = 'airplane_mode_on';
.exit

and exit the shell again.

Now the airplane mode should be turned off completely and the wifi should again still be turned on after booting when it was turned on when shutting down.
Now my wifi is on after reboot.

Reactions: bwat1009

bwat1009

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Kibblenbits, that was incredibly easy and worked like a charm. I have googled and googled and posted in three or four different forums to no avail. That was awesome, thanks again.

hoosiergal

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I have CM7.02. and a terminal emulator. When I issue the SU command, it tells me "permission denied".....what do I do to get superuser access in the terminal emulator?

koopakid08

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I have CM7.02. and a terminal emulator. When I issue the SU command, it tells me "permission denied".....what do I do to get superuser access in the terminal emulator?

If i remember correctly 7.0.2 was a very buggy release. I suggest you upgrade to the latest RC. It features many improvements such as deep sleep that will save your battery life by a ton.

bwat1009

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
If i remember correctly 7.0.2 was a very buggy release. I suggest you upgrade to the latest RC. It features many improvements such as deep sleep that will save your battery life by a ton.

7.0.3 had problems loading, haven't tried 7.1 RC1 yet but i love 7.0.2. Works great for me. The deep sleep would be nice though...

hoosiergal

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
It isn't going to matter if I can't get my WIFI turned back on. That's why I wanted to know about the terminal emulator and the "su" command telling me "permission denied".

I too think it would be good to update to the latest 7.0.3.....but, at this point it's useless......

koopakid08

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
It isn't going to matter if I can't get my WIFI turned back on. That's why I wanted to know about the terminal emulator and the "su" command telling me "permission denied".

I too think it would be good to update to the latest 7.0.3.....but, at this point it's useless......

Somehow you might have become unrooted or terminal might not have superuser permissions.