Deeper Blues Honeycomb v4 YouTube Not Working- No Flash?

popeye

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Is it me or is there no flash player on my Nook with above on it?
You tube comes on and says error. What could be the problem.
How can I check to see if flash player is installed?
Thanks r

koopakid08

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Your problem is honeycomb. Almost every issue people have with their nooks is from using honeycomb. Use CM7. The source code is not released for honeycomb and probably never will. They really shouldn't put the honeycomb installation sticky at the top of the forum it just throws people off.

popeye

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Your problem is honeycomb. Almost every issue people have with their nooks is from using honeycomb. Use CM7. The source code is not released for honeycomb and probably never will. They really shouldn't put the honeycomb installation sticky at the top of the forum it just throws people off.

Thanks. Looks like I will but need assistance. Been directed to multiple downloads but still not sure of instructions and which download to use.
Looks like CM7 I will use, but want to be able to get back to Nook Program if need be. I gather booting off SDHC card is the way to do this.
Can I get links to easy informative instructions and what to actually download. Still newbie.
Love to put this to rest.
Appreciated, thanks!

koopakid08

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Taken and edited from XDA. link to original thread can be found at the bottom

Grab the installer image here:
http://nook.handhelds.ru/sdimage/generic-sdcard-v1.3.img.gz
it's a ~9M image that would unpack into ~130M disk image.

Write the image on your SD card. I tested with 2G, 4G and 8G cards and all worked.
Any uSD card of 1G or bigger in size should work if it is recognized by your nook.
Write on Windows by using WinImage and on Linux/MacOS X by using dd (to the entire device, not one of the partitions. The device name should not have any numbers at the end. The command is something like dd if=/somewhere/generic-sdcard.img of=/dev/sdX bs=1024k)

After done with writing, eject and then re-insert the uSD card into your computer.

Download a CM build from here if you want to use a nightly or the newest RC(It is recommended to choose -87 nightly or later) or from here if you want the latest stable version ( I would recommend this for you)

Put the file to the SD card (there is only one partition). Don't change the name of the file.

unmount the uSD card and insert it into the nook.
Boot from this SD card. It'll boot and will update you on progress.
When it's done, it'll power off.

That's it, you now have CM7 on your SD card.

How to install market and gapps:
After you have booted into the CM7 on SD card for the first time and set up wifi access (important!)
Go to Latest Version - CyanogenMod Wiki and at the end there is a table with various google apps versions. Get the one suitable for your cyanogen version (CM7 is the latest for now). The file is named gapps-....zip
shutdown your nook and take the SD card out, insert it into your computer.
Copy the gapps-... file to the SD card on the first partition (titled boot) without changing the file name.
Insert the uSD card back into the NOOK and boot into "Recovery mode" by booting normally into Android, then from desktop hold power key until a poweroff menu appears, In the poweroff menu choose "reboot", in the next menu choose "recovery" and press "OK". The nook would reboot straight into recovery.

How to update to a new build:
put the new build you want to try on the first partition. (the name must be update-cm-*.zip or cm_encore_full*.zip or just update-*.zip)
Boot from the SDcard in the recovery mode (see above) and the new snapshot would be installed.
The partition layout would be preserved, filesystems are NOT reformatted, so your data should be safe.

If you get stuck you can read over the original thread here

Last edited:

popeye

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Wow-Appreciate the info-exaclty what I was looking for!

Couple of questions-

1:Looking at these instructions:
"Write on Windows by using WinImage and on Linux/MacOS X by using dd (to the entire device, not one of the partitions. The device name should not have any numbers at the end. The command is something like dd if=/somewhere/generic-sdcard.img of=/dev/sdX bs=1024k)"

What do you mean by write on windows? I know how to use Winimage but do I have to add anything?

2:"Copy the gapps-... file to the SD card on the first partition (titled boot) without changing the file name.
Insert the uSD card back into the NOOK and boot into "Recovery mode" by booting normally into Android, then from desktop hold power key until a poweroff menu appears, In the poweroff menu choose "reboot", in the next menu choose "recovery" and press "OK". The nook would reboot straight into recovery."

What do you mean first partition? I thought there was no partition?
You say boot into recovery mode. Do you mean let it boot up til desktop on nook comes up?
What do you mean from hold power key from "desktop"?
The "reboot-recovery" comes up when you hold down power button from Nook?

Seems simple enough. Thanks for the effort and instructions! Very nice of you to do!

If this works I will ask about installing new builds. The build you recommended is the latest?

koopakid08

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Wow-Appreciate the info-exaclty what I was looking for!

Couple of questions-

1:Looking at these instructions:
"Write on Windows by using WinImage and on Linux/MacOS X by using dd (to the entire device, not one of the partitions. The device name should not have any numbers at the end. The command is something like dd if=/somewhere/generic-sdcard.img of=/dev/sdX bs=1024k)"

What do you mean by write on windows? I know how to use Winimage but do I have to add anything?

2:"Copy the gapps-... file to the SD card on the first partition (titled boot) without changing the file name.
Insert the uSD card back into the NOOK and boot into "Recovery mode" by booting normally into Android, then from desktop hold power key until a poweroff menu appears, In the poweroff menu choose "reboot", in the next menu choose "recovery" and press "OK". The nook would reboot straight into recovery."

What do you mean first partition? I thought there was no partition?
You say boot into recovery mode. Do you mean let it boot up til desktop on nook comes up?
What do you mean from hold power key from "desktop"?
The "reboot-recovery" comes up when you hold down power button from Nook?

Seems simple enough. Thanks for the effort and instructions! Very nice of you to do!

If this works I will ask about installing new builds. The build you recommended is the latest?

1. You just use winimage to write the image to your SD card. You shouldn't have to add anything

2. When you install CM7 it creates the partitions for you.

3. When you boot into CM7. From the main launcher screen hold the power switch down and a menu should pop up with different options. Select reboot and choose recovery and press ok and you will boot into recovery mode.

4. The built I recommend is either the latest stable 7.0.3 or the new 7.1. RC. A new stable build should be out in about a week or two so you can choose what ever you would like and use the upgrade instructions when the next stable version releases.

Hope that clears it up for you.

popeye

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Installing now-and have question
Is this version being rooted-is this EMCC?
I thought this is being run off SDHC card where if I take out card Nook works as it should?
Like Deepers Blues version.
If not-after installation is done-am I able to get back to Nook if I do not like or want to sell Nook?
If so, are there instructions on how to do?
Sorry for all the question but not sure of differences.
Again, thanks.

popeye

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Unbelievable. I have it up and running and what a difference from Honeycomb. Works and fast no issues. Feels like I have a tablet. Have the answer about running off card. Now have to figure out settings. Emails not connecting and updating and no mail indicator.
This was a simple installation and actually fun to do.
Really thanks to all that responded super happy with this!!!

popeye

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Well had the opportunity to use it and seems buggy. Get alot of force shut downs or wait. Slow in some area and e mail notifications and updating seems not to work. Still 100% better than Honeycomb.
I am using 7.1 RC version.
Would it make a difference installing the latest stable version?
Also-how can I upgrade or downgrade versions?
Read instructions but not sure where to download.
Simple instructions appreciated, thanks.
PS- Would does "recovery" do?
Thxs

koopakid08

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Well had the opportunity to use it and seems buggy. Get alot of force shut downs or wait. Slow in some area and e mail notifications and updating seems not to work. Still 100% better than Honeycomb.
I am using 7.1 RC version.
Would it make a difference installing the latest stable version?

There are pros and cons to both versions the RC1 has deep sleep enabled so you don't lose as much battery life when the screen is off but it does have some bugs that need to be worked out that is why it is a RC not a stable build. The stable is well stable but it is missing deep sleep and is running on a older version of android 2.3.3 instead of 2.3.4. Hopefully the bugs you are experiencing will be fixed when the 7.1 stable gets released.

Also-how can I upgrade or downgrade versions?
Read instructions but not sure where to download.
Simple instructions appreciated, thanks.
PS- Would does "recovery" do?

You get the version you want to put on from here for nightly's and RC and here for stable. You just put it onto the first partition on your SD card and then boot into recovery and it should update to that version. That should work for upgrading I'm not sure about downgrading. You could try it. Just make sure to do a backup of your current setup before doing anything. If you need anything else I'd be happy to help.

popeye

May 27, 2011
Visit site
There are pros and cons to both versions the RC1 has deep sleep enabled so you don't lose as much battery life when the screen is off but it does have some bugs that need to be worked out that is why it is a RC not a stable build. The stable is well stable but it is missing deep sleep and is running on a older version of android 2.3.3 instead of 2.3.4. Hopefully the bugs you are experiencing will be fixed when the 7.1 stable gets released.

You get the version you want to put on from here for nightly's and RC and here for stable. You just put it onto the first partition on your SD card and then boot into recovery and it should update to that version. That should work for upgrading I'm not sure about downgrading. You could try it. Just make sure to do a backup of your current setup before doing anything. If you need anything else I'd be happy to help.

I saw that-what do you mean the first partition?
If I download it do I copy it where on the card?
Thanks!

popeye

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I copied the 7.03 on the sd card and did recovery. I started the nook and the circle with arrow just circles for 20 minutes-doesnot seem to start. What is wrong? What can I do? Thanks.

popeye

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Well-reformatted both card and nook. I installed 7>03 on Nook and can not get Gapps to install. I copied on SD card and reboot-recovery and no writing and no gapps and market?Did search and tried stuff with no results. The zip file is still on the sd card.
How can I get this on the Nook?
Need assistance-can not redo noook and card again, thanks.

koopakid08

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Well-reformatted both card and nook. I installed 7>03 on Nook and can not get Gapps to install. I copied on SD card and reboot-recovery and no writing and no gapps and market?Did search and tried stuff with no results. The zip file is still on the sd card.
How can I get this on the Nook?
Need assistance-can not redo noook and card again, thanks.

Are you sure you put gapps on the first partition titled boot?

popeye

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Are you sure you put gapps on the first partition titled boot?

Not sure first partition, but what I did was just copy the zip file and then pasted in or on the SDHC card. When looking on the card the zip file is first and all the other files are below. Does that help?
Thanks for reply!

koopakid08

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
People have had success doing this:

1. Follow instructions in original post.
2. Then I setup my wireless.
3. Turned nook off and pulled sdcard.
4. Connected sd card to computer.
5. Make backup of uImage and uRamdisk
6. Renamed uRecImage to uImage and uRecRamdisk to uRamdisk
7. Downloaded the latest gapps zip file and copied it to the sd card.
8. Copied the update cm zip file that I originally used from the initial install back to the sd card.
9. Ejected card, inserted card into nook and booted up.
10. Recovery popped up and started to unzip both zip files.
11. Let it finish and then it will boot normally.
12. Once the nook boots, the initial sign pops up.
13. Skip everything until you get the normal home screen. None of the sign-in will work because it is looking for a phone signal.
14. Once you get to the home screen, make sure your wifi is still setup correctly and click on the market. Then follow the normal account setup directions.

popeye

May 27, 2011
Visit site
It might be that you can not downgrade. I did a factory refresh on Nook and reformatted card and reinstalled 7.1 RC and was able to download gapps and back to where I was originally. It is prettty buggy-slow-not really useable, but better than Honeycomb. I guess I will wait for final release-whenever?
Thanks for the advice, again. Appreciated.