Need How-To on CWM internal

red.drako

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Hello ACF!
So I've been trying to flash Clockwork Mod Recovery to the internal memory of my Nook Color. I'm currently running CM7.0.2 off the internal memory but if I want to update it to the 7.0.3 update (or flash a different mod entirely) then I have to boot to CWM on my SD card, eject that card, insert different SD card flash from there. I've tried flashing via the ROM Manager app but to no avail.

Now I've been reading up on how to flash CWM to the internal memory & everything seems point to going back to stock ROM then rooting & flashing from there. I'd like not to do that if I can avoid it - so is there another way to do it.

I was one of the first users here to help start the Nook Color threads & keep up with it; I've figured out a lot of stuff on my own along with screwing up with some other users here but I'm thoroughly stumped on this, so I'd appreciate any & all help. Thanks to anyone here who can assist!

Last edited:

v0mitr0n

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Sorry if this step was already tried.

Did you use Rom Manager, select Flash Clockwork Mod Recovery, select Nook Color, then get a "flashed successful" message?

You should be able to boot into recovery without the SDCard.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk

moshe5368

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Do you have rom manager premium or the free version. If you have the premium version, you can download a rom from rom manager and flash it directly without going back to stock. Select download rom, select the rom you wish (I would recommend you upgraded to at least cm7 7.0.3), then select flash rom. Rom manager will start CWM and flash the rom then reboot the nook.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

roberto

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I copy the ROM to my SD card via USB, reboot into clockwork recovery and select "install zip from sd card" then "choose zip from sd card". I next do the same with the OC kernel and wipe both the cache and Dalvik cache, followed by a reboot. Be sure that you have the latest version of Clockwork Recovery (3.2.0.1)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2