wifi issues on Nook Hd+

Tadb123

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I recently purchased a Nook HD+ using the fantastic Father's day Sale pricing. For $149 , it's a deal, but I have a concern. I bought one during their earlier sale this year, but returned it due to a WiFi issue. My new tablet appears to be doing exactly the same thing. Whenever it's not used for a while, it disconnects from my WiFi. I understand that this saves battery life, and my three other devices, two tablets and one smartphone, do the same thing...but unlike my other devices, the nook takes at least 30 seconds to find and connect back to my home network. It goes through a searching for IP mode, then I get a "WiFi connect error", then it connects. This may seem like a small thing, but every time I set it down for an hour or so it has to reconnect, and I have to wait. None of my other devices take anything more than a couple of seconds. I've read about this issue with others, and nobody seems to have come up with a solution. Is there a way to make the WiFi software on the Nook stop searching for IP's every time and go straight to my network? Like I say, none if my other devices have this issue, and this is my second nook HD+ that is doing it, so my detective skills say it has to be the nook.

Tadb123

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I've found a solution to my problem in case anyone out there has had the same one. I downloaded a free app from the Google Play Store called "Advanced Wifi Lock." It basically keeps wifi connected to your network all the time, although you can set time parameters with the pay version, which I may get. It does use more battery, but well within acceptable parameters as far as I'm concerned.

Tadb123

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately my WiFi connection problems have returned, and really worse than ever. I'm not sure if it's the N2A SD card or just the Nook. From the get-go the tablet has received a weaker WiFi signal than any other device than I've ever had. Very disappointing. I've really stopped using it.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using AC Forums mobile app

Tadb123

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I pulled out the N2A card and went back to stock and WiFi is much more stable.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using AC Forums mobile app

Tadb123

May 15, 2013
Visit site
N2A had an update to android 4.2.1 and the WiFi seems more stable. I've really stopped using this tablet in any room other than where the router is located.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app