Can't add Gmail account

jleliekelly

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
States I don't have permission to add it..... My imap and pop are both set to enable, I can sign in on the nook to Gmail under Web but can't use the email app...
Any thoughts?

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 2

D-Caf

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Hmm, not sure, I'll check when I get home this afternoon, don't have my nook with me at the moment. Have you confirmed that you have imap enabled in Gmail? There is a setting in the web version of gmail you used to have to manually inable to allow pop/imap to work with gmail.

Anyways, I'll try adding gmail to my nook tonight and see what happens.

D-Caf

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Yep, gmail works.

I used manual mode to setup the account. And in the manual mode the only thing I needed to do besides enter my address and password, was to choose imap and change "security: none" to "security: SSL/TLS" for incoming and the same security change for outgoing (smtp).

Oh, and sorry, missed the part where you said imap/pop were already enabled. So maybe just check that ssl is enabled for incoming/outgoing.

Last edited:

androidio

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
K so i have a Toshiba AT100 10in screen and i can't do anything with google. Every time I try to add a gmail account it says can't establish a reliable connection. I have internet and everything and background data is on so i relly need help. Please reply. Oh and also this has nothing to do with the problem,but download dead space 3. It's the bomb!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance