Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Can't add Gmail account

States I don't have permission to add it..... My imap and pop are both set to enable, I can sign in on the nook to Gmail under Web but can't use the email app...
    Any thoughts?

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    ROM
    4.0.3/1.4.3/4.1.2

Default Re: Can't add Gmail account

Hmm, not sure, I'll check when I get home this afternoon, don't have my nook with me at the moment. Have you confirmed that you have imap enabled in Gmail? There is a setting in the web version of gmail you used to have to manually inable to allow pop/imap to work with gmail.

Anyways, I'll try adding gmail to my nook tonight and see what happens.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Current Devices: Nook HD+ 32GB / Nexus 5 32GB
    Past Devices: Samsung Captivate / Nook Color / Nexus 7 16GB (2012) / Samsung GS2 International

Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    ROM
    4.0.3/1.4.3/4.1.2

Yep, gmail works.

I used manual mode to setup the account. And in the manual mode the only thing I needed to do besides enter my address and password, was to choose imap and change "security: none" to "security: SSL/TLS" for incoming and the same security change for outgoing (smtp).

Oh, and sorry, missed the part where you said imap/pop were already enabled. So maybe just check that ssl is enabled for incoming/outgoing.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Past Devices: Samsung Captivate / Nook Color / Nexus 7 16GB (2012) / Samsung GS2 International
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

You rock. I changed the settings and I'm in. Thank you

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    ROM
    4.0.3/1.4.3/4.1.2

Cool, glad to know it works!

Default Can't add Gmail account

K so i have a Toshiba AT100 10in screen and i can't do anything with google. Every time I try to add a gmail account it says can't establish a reliable connection. I have internet and everything and background data is on so i relly need help. Please reply. Oh and also this has nothing to do with the problem,but download dead space 3. It's the bomb!

Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    ROM
    4.0.3/1.4.3/4.1.2

Hmm, sorry, but no clue on the AT100, this is the Barnes & Noble Nook HD forum area. My only recommendation is to double check all your setting on both the web version of google and your tablet. Be sure to check SSL/TLS settings. You might have better luck over in one of these forums: Toshiba Android Tablets - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

Good luck!