rootmynook.com

John Burr

May 6, 2013
Visit site
just to let all know this root option is not that great. the software works fine etc. but the final storage left over for apps is less than 400mb which is nothing really. I emailed them and they confirmed the 8gb option only leaves you with 361mb so if you have a bunch of apps it becomes useless in a short amount of time. I am sending it back but I will be out like $10 so wanted to warn anyone else on this product.

I am checking into N2A and think theres has more storage. More to come on this.

Tadb123

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I have the N2A card on my HD + and like it a lot. The download can be installed on a 8, 16, or 32 GB card. I used a 32gb card and have about 23gb availability left on it. The N2A sd card is a little different than simply rooting the nook os, in that you are booting onto that card and bypassing the nook system. You can remove the card at any time, and revert back to the standard Nook OS. I'm not sure why anyone would want to do that though. N2A uses the Cyanogenmod 10 version of jellybean 4.1.2 on the sd card and it's sweet.

Sent from my M470BSA using AC Forums mobile app

John Burr

May 6, 2013
Visit site
I got the N2A and it is good but has some glitches. It could be settings not sure yet. I feel like the battery life is poor. It reboots a fair amount mostly after I pull it off the charger.

Tadb123

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I feel like my battery life is good with the N2A card, but i really haven't carefully measured it. I have noticed a few random reboots but it's never happened when I was in the middle of anything.

Sent from my M470BSA using AC Forums mobile app

Kris Garvey

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Do any of you know how to self-install this Cyanogenmod, or do I have to buy the card? I am interested in getting more options for my NEW Nook HD+ 16gb, and I am used to Droid UIs. Does anyone happen to have any tips on:
-Cheapest place to order Android Cyanogenmod card?
-Any way to extend battery life, or buy a larger/longer battery?
-Best YouTube videos for tips and tricks and customization of the Nook HD+
-Best cases + covers (on Amazon preferably)
-Good site to DL cool Geeky screensavers & wallpapers

Thanks in advance for the help! :)

Tadb123

May 15, 2013
Visit site
In my opinion the safest and most trouble free way to get cyanogenmod 10.1 modification of jellybean is to get the N2A software and install it on a SD card. You do lose the extra storage , but I put it on a 32 gb card and have about 25gb left. The beauty of going this route is you can take the sd card out at any time and have your original nook OS. Otherwise you have to root your device and flash the ROM, which really takes some experience. Unfortunately the reality is when you alter the nook OS you lose a little stability and it's more common to freeze or reboot, but you really pick up the ability to customize your device more. Also, every app in Google Play is compatible, which is nice. With the standard Nook OS there were several of my favorite apps that were "incompatible" and couldn't be installed, and Nook's recent software revision made side loading apps very difficult.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois