Nook Video

Jhett

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
So I saw the post the other day about Nook Video rolling out. If I read the article right, it said that you could either download it from the Play Store or it would be automatically delivered to your device. (I have a Nook HD+) Well, when I got home that night, I checked and it was not automatically on my unit. I searched the Play Store for the title and it didn't even show up. So I went to AC and found the article and clicked the link. When it came up, it said it wasn't available for my device. WTF?!? Does anyone know what is going on with this app's compatibility with our devices?

Tadb123

May 15, 2013
Visit site
The way I interpreted it was that it wasn't designed for the HD+, only some of the lower level nooks. I'm glad too see that B&N is now staying in the hardware business and continuing to do updates.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

D-Caf

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I believe they are just providing an update to the already included video player support within the HD/HD+ to make sure it's compatible with the google play version and the versions rolling out to devices that did't aleady have video support. So you won't really notice much or anything on your HD+.

D-Caf

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
On the Nook HD and HD+ Video was integrated into the system. That's why when you go to your LIbrary you have a section for videos. If you click on a video that you've purchased/Rented it will play. Also if you side load a video/movie (like something on your SD card) it will likely play already.

Nook Tablet and Color did not come with video capacity. They have now released a new application on those devices firmwares that included this functionality.

If you are looking to rent movies/videos on a Nook HD/HD+ you can just go to the shop/store section and find it. On the older Color/Tablet I believe you may have to use this new app, but not 100% sure on that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12