Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Use only Certain Google Features

Hello. My sister recently got a new Nook HD. I wanted to share my apps, movies, and Play credits so I signed into Google Play. When I did this, it also signed into contacts, calandar, and Google+ as me. Is there any way to just use Google Play? Rooting and returning the tablet are the only two things that can't be done. Also, if you were to sign in with another Google account, could I use that account for everything except the desired apps? Thank You.

Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    ROM
    4.0.3/1.4.3/4.1.2

Default Re: Use only Certain Google Features

Yes and now, you can setup sync options in the settings area for the accounts and exlude your account from syncing to the other apps. I do this on my nook HD. I useone account for just google play stuff, and not for contacts, etc... But I also doesn't use that stuff at all on the nook hd, not even with another account. Not sure if you can use two accounts, haven't tried.

Unfortunately I don't have my nook with me to check the exact settings, I might be able to look at it tonight and let you know.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Current Devices: Nook HD+ 32GB / Nexus 5 32GB
    Past Devices: Samsung Captivate / Nook Color / Nexus 7 16GB (2012) / Samsung GS2 International