1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    53 Global Posts

Default SD CM7 on Nook Tablet?

I am hoping that this procedure will still work on the new tablet requiring only minimal tweaking.

Debating whether to get a refurbed Nook Color, or pop for this new one; though my wife may decide that she gets the new one and I can have her old NC... lol
    Palm1000-> Palm Pilot Pro-> PalmIII-> PalmIIIx-> PalmVx-> Kyocera 7135-> Treo 650-> Centro-> Droid Incredible2-> Samsung Galaxy S4

Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSPx

Default Re: SD CM7 on Nook Tablet?

I would wait to get the newer Nook Tablet. The specs are much improved. Two weeks isn't that far off.

Since the NC got popular partly because of the easy loading of CM7, I am fairly sure it will be similar. However, you would need a new build of CM7.

ROM
    CyanogenMod 10

I've been looking into getting a cheap tablet for myself just to play around with. I figured a CM7 Nook Color would be perfect. Ofc as soon as I say that the Nook Tablet is announced and ICS is rolling out... Trying to decide if I should just wait because I don't see it being to long before cm9/ICS is on this.

I would be willing to bet the established root processes will work with some minor tweaking. If I take the leap, i will likely try the dual booting method to see if it works right out of the box. The OS/ firmware looks to be the same as the latest release of the NC.

Still, I am going to wait at least a few days, trying to decide between this, a Transformer or the Transformer Prime. I have a laptop that I am putting a second warranty claim in on in the last 3 months, so i may have the cash to go with the Prime if i want to go back to being without a personal laptop.

Currently, i have a Viewsonic G- tablet, it will likely go to the wife or the kids. I figure if the kids end up with it, i will have another warranty claim in the near future. ;D
    Acer A100:
    [ROM] Leaked 4.0.3
    [Launcher] ADW Ex
    [Recovery] Stock
    Viewsonic GTablet:
    [ROM] CM7 Nightlies
    [Launcher] ADW Ex
    [Recovery] ClockWorkMod
    GNex:
    [ROM] BAMF 1.1
    [Launcher] ADW Ex
    [Recovery] CWM Touch
    DInc: RIP 2010-1012

-----------------------------------------------------------------
    Drop Box Begging For Referral Space. If you don't have an account, sign up from my referral link.

ROM
    phiremod 7Test

What are the odds that my SD card would Boot the DEMO Tablet at the local B&N next week? If it boots and things run, I may have to get a net Tablet...

I think B&N knows that much of the Nook's success was due to it's popularity in the modding and hacking community.

I personally find myself using mine as much or more as an eReader than anything else and that wasn't why I bought it. I've also dropped about $100 on books from B&N, again something I didn't expect to do.

I can't imagine they actively did anything to "fix" the methods used to hack up the Nook Color. I'm sure it still has SD Card boot priority but I would be interested in hearing if dropping an cm7 sd card into the device in the store works. That would be great if all the work done so far extended to the new device.
    Nexus 4 / Nexus 7 / Transformer Prime
    @digitalslacker
    +digitalslacker

Global Posts
    2 Global Posts

jgolden, that's a good bit about trying it on the in store demo...someone should try that and let me know if it works lol. I'm travelling this weekend, and tomorrow night I'm either going to pick up a color or a tablet. I'd rather have the tablet, but I want something I can root right away.

Quote Originally Posted by retsoksirhc View Post
    jgolden, that's a good bit about trying it on the in store demo...someone should try that and let me know if it works lol. I'm travelling this weekend, and tomorrow night I'm either going to pick up a color or a tablet. I'd rather have the tablet, but I want something I can root right away.
    You might want to check this thread out as well as some others at XDA Developers forum:

I'm holding off on the NT until there is a definitive answer on whether the NT can be rooted or booted from an SD card.
    HTC One M8
    (Prev: , Samsung Galaxy S3, Motorola Atrix, Blackberry 9700, Moto Q Global)

Go to N2ACards.com - they have developed a bootable microSD card with CM7 already running on it. I have one for my NT and it works flawlessly. The NT can be booted to Android CM7 or to stock Nook without removing the card or voiding the warranty. Makes a limited device into a full fledged tablet. Love it now and am buying one for my daughter's NT.