Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default downloading video question

Can you download a video from netfilx/hulu and save it to SD card or nook to watch later?

Default Re: downloading video question

No. There are no recording options for these services.

Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    ROM
    Sideload App Method

People have been trying to figure this out for the longest time.

Rip redbox discs down to 65% quality (no detectible loss on the screen; even on a 46" LCD) using DVD shrink and avg movie of 1hr 45 mins to 2hrs is 2.7-3GB and play the VOB's with Mx Player off your SD card the whole process will take 20 mins if you convert down to a 700mb divx you're looking at 1.5 - 2 hrs to do the conversion

Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock (rooted-ish)

Early on in the Netflix streaming there was a trick you could use to capture the streamed video and save it as a video file. This wassoon 'fixed' and Netflix has been using DRMto prevent capturing the video. It isn't like trying to copy a Youtube video. Sorry.

Amazon will should let you cache a rented movie (but I am not really sure), but it will still be DRM'd.

Or, you could just rip a DVD with the software of your choice (an old copy of DVD X Copy still works for me),and then play in the video player app of your choice. (I like Moboplayer)