Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    ROM
    Sideload App Method

Default Micro SD card question

I know that with an Android phone it was best to have the phone off not to corrupt the memory card.

But for the nook tablet; can the Micro SD card be removed while in "sleep mode" and not a full shutdown without damage to the files on the memory card?

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts

Default Re: Micro SD card question

Hey gang - just got back with my new nook tablet (found about $120 in B&N gift card in a drawer at home - bonus!).

I'm not sure if i should start a new thread or pile on this one, but my question is what class micro SD you'd recommend for the NT. I've never had any significant issues using the class 4 that came with my phones, but will be watching movies directly from the SD on the tablet. Is class 6 fast enough to provide good video reading performance, or is it worth springing for a class 10?

Thanks.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    ROM
    Sideload App Method

In another thread someone said class 4 will be fine.

I played VOB files in 1 GB chunks no problem at all no skipping or anything. I found a class 4 sandisk 32 gig for 40 bucks at staples last night. Online they were going for 32-37 so for 40 and I can have it now I bought it

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts

Sounds good - thanks for the info. Turns out Best Buy had a 16 GB class 10 on sale for $25, so I decided to get that. (Came pretty close to walking out with a new Galaxy Nexus too, but that's another story...)

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock (rooted-ish)

To the OP (radtechy) regarding pulling the microSD card while the unit is powered on.

Just unmount the card. Go into the Book Tablet settings (tap the clock on the lower right then click the gear to the right of the words "Quick Settings".)

Go to "Device Info", then "SD card", then choose to "Unmount SD card". This is the same as ejecting the card in Windows Explorer.onc its unmounted, you can safely take it out. This work in any android device if the setttings allow it.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    ROM
    Sideload App Method

I forgot all about that when I went back to an iphone. DUH to myself

ROM
    Stock

I just purchased a 16GB class 5 microSD card at Office Depot for $20. The tech there said that higher rated cards are not needed for tablets, only for SLR cameras that can shoot zillions of frames a second.

Quote Originally Posted by junipertodd View Post
    I just purchased a 16GB class 5 microSD card at Office Depot for $20. The tech there said that higher rated cards are not needed for tablets, only for SLR cameras that can shoot zillions of frames a second.
    I did the exact same thing last night. Pretty sweet deal.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    ROM
    Sideload App Method

I could have got away with the 16 but for 25 that night at staples but I said what the hell for 15 more get double. At least after formatting I got 30 GB which is like 9 or 10 DVD rips plus some extra stuff using my method.

Even though they take up 2.7-3 GB each I don't care; I'm just happy I don't have to waste my time to convert them down.

MxPlayer is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!