Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Thumbs down Barnes&Noble worst customer service ever

Hi first let me introduce my self my name is Kevin, OK on to my question/rant,

Back in feb of this year (2012) I decided to buy the Nook Tablet. Within three months it was no longer charging, so I took it to my local Barnes and noble store where I explained the problem. One of the works took my usb cable that I brought didn't work, then took another and it charged up problem solved. I then asked how much were the replacement's she said $15.00 or if I wanted to call up customer service and say I, came in and they couldn't fix the problem. (So basically she told me to lie lol). Same day went home called up CS and told them what I was told at the store. I was on the phone for 10 minutes giving my information etc, I then said I need the USB cable at least 7 times and even reminded them what I need. Roughly 4 days later I get a package thinking its my usb cable nope the knucklehead sends me the charger? I was ok I'll give it a shot took it out nothing. Called up the same day, explained who I was and why I called. Guy apologizes and says the part I requested will arrive. A month goes by and still nothing, at this point I was already PO and didn't want to go off on the guy even though I repeated myself over and over again. He tells me the reason why I haven't gotten the part was because so many people were requesting them??? I was like Ok fine I understand, but at the same time I'm thinking this guy is full of crap. No emails, or a phone call telling me why I haven't received anything. I thought about just buying a replacement USB cable but I know if I do the one, I, request will come in the mall.

Has anyone here experience cs from them before like this?

Sorry for the long post.
    Resident Ringtone Maker

Global Posts
    7,030 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB JB

Default Re: Barnes&Noble worst customer service ever

The cables are so brittle on these things.
    Every store is always out of the cable by me and I have foolishy bought the cable and charging block.
    Didn't realize for the first year it's covered and I also have the protection plan for another year....so 44.00 later I said let me call them up.
    Was hung up on twice on their end by accident...you think they would ring back? Nope, so I called again. Had the replacement cable in 4 days and it came in a box that I could fit a dictionary in.