Rooted then Bricked it!

rollin77

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I successfully rooted my friends Nook Color 8 gig tablet this evening and installed Cyanogen Mod 7 with no problems. I was looking at the storage space and noticed he was missing 2 gigs of space. It showed an sd card present even after I took the one I had installed, I thought it was weird, so I unmounted it, formatted it and when it rebooted it, it was stuck in ClockWorkMod. I was not able to restore/mount any file system of any kind. I did a backup previous to the install of Cyanogen also, that did not restore either. I now know I formatted the main partition(s). Is there any way to restore the Nook to factory condition and "re-root" and reinstall Cyanogenmod? One of the recovery methods I tried got rid of Clockworkmod and now when it boots it is just a silver "N". Any suggestions? I kept getting cannot "mount" & cannot "read" errors in Clockworkmod.

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I successfully rooted my friends Nook Color 8 gig tablet this evening and installed Cyanogen Mod 7 with no problems. I was looking at the storage space and noticed he was missing 2 gigs of space. It showed an sd card present even after I took the one I had installed, I thought it was weird, so I unmounted it, formatted it and when it rebooted it, it was stuck in ClockWorkMod. I was not able to restore/mount any file system of any kind. I did a backup previous to the install of Cyanogen also, that did not restore either. I now know I formatted the main partition(s). Is there any way to restore the Nook to factory condition and "re-root" and reinstall Cyanogenmod? One of the recovery methods I tried got rid of Clockworkmod and now when it boots it is just a silver "N". Any suggestions? I kept getting cannot "mount" & cannot "read" errors in Clockworkmod.

You accidentally wiped the system partition, simple fix really. Pop the sdcard into another device or your computer and re download cm onto it.

Once it's done put the sdcard back into the nook and boot back into recovery. Then wipe cache and dalvik cache, then flash cm. That should fix the problem. Then reboot and you should have cm back.

You are not in a hard bricked state, but soft brick (which means your phone lacks a rom, so only boots to recovery).

Also another suggestion, I would flash twrp as the recovery, it's much more user friendly than cwm, and has checks to make sure this stuff doesn't happen. It's also compatible with a lot more update.zip formats than cwm. You can get it from goomanager (on play store), when the device is booted.

Sprint GS3 Running TN's Msg and Chubbs