Why does my Samsung Galaxy TAB Pro 8.4 die early even if it has 30 battery?

Orley1827

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
My Samsung Galaxy TAB Pro 8.4" dies early even if it has 30% battery.

Hi, android users. I've got a problem with my Samsung Galaxy TAB Pro 8.4". Sometimes, when my battery hits 30% my screen flicks then it dies by itself. Before it dies, I saw that my battery has 33% battery to be exact. I let it alone for about 5-10 minutes. After that, I turn it on again and saw that the battery life is now at 0% and dies again. When I got home and turn it on again, it now says that I have 13% battery and I use it again until it drains out and acted normally like nothing happened. I can only prevent this when the screen flicks again, I immediately plugged in the charger that is plugged in the socket(if I pulled the charger, it will die again or act normally). Sometimes, before it gets 5%, it turns off by itself and when I turn it on and shows that it has now 5%, I use it and before it turns to 4%, it dies again when I turned it on, it shoes 4%. It really needs to be plugged to be used normally again. Anyone can help me out? Does anyone also experienced this? My aunt bought this in England and sent to me here in the Philippines.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: My Samsung Galaxy TAB Pro 8.4" dies early even if it has 30% battery.

Welcome to Android Central! Battery levels can be unreliable once you get down to the 10-15% range or so. 30% is a little unusual for it to shut off, but maybe the battery meter needs to be calibrated. Try using the device until it shuts off automatically, and then charge up to full. Do this 3-4 times, then see if the battery meter is more accurate.

How old is the tablet? If you've used it a lot and habitually let it drain to zero, that can shorten the lifespan of the battery--this could be a symptom of a failing battery.

Orley1827

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site

Is that so? Hmm, so you're saying that I use it until it shuts off by itself even it still has juice on it then charge it up to full?? I'll try that.. The tablet is less than 6 months old, I think... I use it everyday like for for my studies. We use e-books and all that stuff.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

If the battery meter isn't calibrated correctly, maybe it's reading 30% when it's actually close to 0%. That's why I suggested that process to try to recalibrate the meter.

Orley1827

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site

I tried what you've said to me, but I think I have a faulty battery. I drained my batt and charged it while it's off, then by the time it's full, I used it normally when it hits 68%, I tried to play GTA: San Andreas and I only played for like 1 minute, then it suddenly shuts off by itself. I turned on the power button but it won't work and when I plugged in the charger and turned it on, it shows it's on 1% battery... What the heck?! I restarted it then it shows 22% and it's depleting fast I mean literally. Now it has 15% battery now. I only used for like 2 hours on normal use like fb, youtube, twitch, 9gag, etc. I don't know what to do now. My warranty card is not even filled up with the things needed to legitimately fix it.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Warranty cards typically aren't required for you to get warranty service--you just need to have your proof of purchase, like a receipt or invoice. I would still contact Samsung to initiate a warranty repair. If it's out of warranty, then a battery replacement at an independent shop probably wouldn't be that expensive. You may also be able to find do-it-yourself videos on YouTube.

Orley1827

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site

That's my problem. My aunt forgot to put the receipt in the box as proof of purchase in england. I'm just afraid that if I change my battery at an independent shop, they might change anything in my tab instead of battery only and I'm afraid that if the battery is an original or fake..