Why won't my Note 2 charge once the battery is dead?

kr632

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
note 2 wont charge once battery is dead

hi. my note 2 was having trouble charging. it started one night when I plugged the phone in with 2% battery after 4 hours I had 9%. I left it plugged in the rest of the night(3 more hours) and woke up to 7% and falling fast. I brought the phone to work and used the same charger and got the battery to 90% before I had to leave work. it was unplugged for about 6 hours and had 5% when I started to head home and died as I was pulling in the driveway. I plugged the phone in and nothing happened. I left it plugged in overnight and still nothing. I took a battery out of a s4 and my phone turned right on. figuring it was the battery I went and bought a new battery and then everything was good for 2 days. the battery died and charged twice during this time. then the phone died again and now wont charge. I did the same thing with the s4 battery and it worked so i know my battery isn't charging. i took the battery back to the store and exchanged it for another that was fully charged. the phone will charge the battery as long as there is some life to it but once it dies that's it. it wont do anything. i have to find someone with a note 2 and charge my battery a little and switch the battery back.

i had an external battery charger that worked wonders for me but for some reason i cannot find an external charger for the note 2. they all say the product is no longer made. is there anything i can do to get some juice to my battery

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: note 2 wont charge once battery is dead

Charging a totally dead lithium battery is dangerous. (They heat up enough to cause the lithium to burn and can even explode - and since lithium is poisonous, that's a pretty bad thing.) So there's a circuit in the battery that disconnects the battery from the terminals when the charge is down so far that disconnecting the battery just about kills it. Which is only one reason you should never let a lithium battery get below 40% charge. (The other reason is that it shortens the battery life drastically.)

Aside from the universal external chargers (I never liked them), try http://www.amazon.com/1900mAh-Batte...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4079478

kr632

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
Re: note 2 wont charge once battery is dead

I took the battery out of my phone and put it in another note 2 and it charged with no problem. I have never heard or had problems with any battery before with letting the battery go low enough to have the phone power off. I'm 100% sure the problem is not my battery but the phone. My old battery and new both charged and held charge when put in a different phone.

ken0450

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
i have the same problem - once dead my note2 will note charge the battery.

my wife has the same phone and i just take my dead dead dead battery and put it in her phone and bang it is charging when i plug in the power.

this problem is in my phone

any suggestions, is my charging port failing on one of the connections maybe, phone charges fine when battery has some charge

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
A dead battery has to be precharged before it can be charged. Her phone and yours have enough difference in parts tolerance that your totally dead battery appears to be an almost totally dead battery to her phone. Not much you can do unless you have a box of motherboards and you can try them all to find one that will charge a lower voltage battery.