Anyone have the Moto X turbo charger? How much faster does it really charge the phone?

matiaschultz

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Droid Life ran an informal test that seemed to show that the turbo charger was not charging the Moto X that much faster. Anyone else tested the charger? I'm asking before I buy it and find out for myself.

Last edited:

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If you charge at greater than 1C (IOW, charging a fully discharged battery in less than 1 hour), you're killing the battery. So, as far as I'm concerned, that "5 minutes for 8 hours of charge" is like the chain that used to be called "Nobody Beats the Wiz". It's an advertising slogan, not a fact. Run a charge app to see what the charge is. If it's greater than the battery capacity (IOW, if the battery is 3750mA and it's charging at 4000mA), the battery won't last very long (maybe 6 months to a year - and it should last for at least a few yeears).

matiaschultz

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure I'm understanding what you are saying. Do you believe Qualcomm and Motorola are trying to kill everyone's batteries for a marking stunt? Then AndroidCentral would be part of the conspiracy since they've had articles about the technology.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phone user