Why is my battery dying so suddenly?

kaimu

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
why is my battery dying so suddenly?

Even though my S4 says it'll have 20%+ of battery remaining, my phone will just die. For example, this morning I unplugged it at 100% and used it for about 20 odd minutes (just browsing tumblr) before it died again.
It'll only turn on again when I plug it in, after which, it'll say it has 0 %.
My S4 is just under 5 months old and has been doing it from July, only it has increased in frequency.
I confess that I have dropped it more than once, if that has anything to do with it. As you can see from the screen shot, my battery level just crapped out.
Screenshot_2014-12-07-11-02-19.jpg

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Re: why is my battery dying so suddenly?

First thing I would try do is try "safe mode". A quick Google search came up with this:

"It could be an app that’s causing your issues. Try holding down the Power button and choose Power off, then hold it down to turn the phone back on. When you see the Galaxy S4 logo let go of the Power button and hold the volume down key and it should boot into Safe mode. It will actually say “Safe mode” at the bottom left of the screen if it worked. If your problem is gone then it’s a safe bet that one of the apps you installed is causing it. You can try uninstalling one by one, or you can go for a factory reset and reinstall apps one by one until you find what’s responsible."

Read the full article here: Galaxy S4: 10 Problems Users Have, And How To Fix Them | Digital Trends

Only add a few apps at a time (like 3 or 4) and use it for a day to see if anything changes. Keep adding a few per day to see how things go. Before you go nuclear on your phone and do a factory reset, BE SURE YOU HAVE EVERYTHING BACKED UP. Back it up to your favorite cloud storage, your computer, somewhere off your phone. Also remove your microSD card before resetting.

You indicate you've dropped it more then once. This may or may not be part of the problem, but chances are good you've got a bad app causing you problems. If you follow the above information and STILL have issues, try buying a new battery. Make sure it's an official Samsung battery (probably around $25 off eBay, or you might be able to buy one locally - depending where your live).

Hopefully this helps.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol