Weird battery issues?

vvolfspirit

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
Device: Android version 4.1.1 tablet (idea usa)

Build: RK30_ANDROID4.1.1SDK-v1.00.00

Hello, I've been having issues with my battery's charger port and battery. This issue began yesterday when I was editing html codes on my theme for tumblr. What happened first was that my tablet would be charging way faster than normal (still does), so I shrugged this off and let it charge to 100%. Once it reached 100% I unplugged it, as usual so it does not over charge. After about 5 to 10 minutes though, it would completely and abruptly shut off (without warning or a "shutting down..." sign). So I'd plug it back onto the charger, and turned my tablet back on. When on, it would say that it is charged 0%. So yesterday It did this a lot, and always did the same thing. So I thought well maybe the battery was dead like with my laptop. I then decided to keep the cord in, even charged 100% but then it would not charge anymore once it reached 100%, and stop charging all together until it got shut off again or reached a certain percentage (when it reaches a percent, it also causes it to shut off). Then I noticed that it would not charge unless I pushed onto the charger a bit with my finger. I wish to know if this can be fixed at all, and what the problem is.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! My first guess would be a failing or defective battery. Not sure how easy it would be to replace the battery--there might be some how-to videos on YouTube. Otherwise, try calling the manufacturer, or bring it to a local computer repair shop.