Why did the battery died a few hours after fully charged and Galaxy Note 4 phone not being used?

Zi Newton

Jan 20, 2015
Visit site
Why did the battery died a few hours after fully charged and Galaxy Note 4 phone not being used

I fully charged the battery in Samsung Galary Note 4 at 1:30am. The phone was not used through the 6 hours of sleeping time. At 7:00am when I tried to use the phone there was no sign of life. I connected it to the charger and plugged it into the socket and waited for a while. I turned on the phone and saw the battery was starting to charge from 0.

How could this be? After a few hours of of idling--completely not used, the battery would die?

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: Why did the battery died a few hours after fully charged and Galaxy Note 4 phone not being used

It could be a hardware issue or some process going wild and eating your battery. Charge your phone and take screenshots of your battery stats when there's about 20% left (processes, history details, screen on time...) Post them and we'll try to help you.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Why did the battery died a few hours after fully charged and Galaxy Note 4 phone not being used

Has this happened again?

It really is quite difficult to diagnose without a screenshot of the battery consumption (which resets if you re-charged the phone to 100%) but it definitely is NOT standard behavior. If your phone had a very low charge at night, maybe the connector moved and it wasn't actually charging through the night. Also check to see if you have any apps that might sync intensively while plugged in or while on WiFi (although those wouldn't warrant such a power drain unless you have a TON of those going on), like Dropbox or Google Photos.