Why my note 3 is not charging properly ?

Joshe Morales

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
I have had some issues with my phone while charging since it got some lint in the usb port, it looks clean now, but still wont charge like it's supposed, while i'm charging it, it chages really slowly, last night i plugged aroud 10pm with 6% of charge, and today at 7:30 more less had 89% of charge, also, if i'm charging my phone and using it the battery wont charge it will go down instead.
I really need some help with this !! :c

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
last night i plugged aroud 10pm with 6% of charge
If you do that regularly, considering that the battery is probably more than a year old, you're very lucky. It should have gone bad in about 6-7 months. NEVER let it drop below 40% if possible. (50% gives you the best life.) If you need more charge than that, spend the $13 for a spare battery and charger.

also, if i'm charging my phone and using it the battery wont charge it will go down instead.
Also a sign of a battery at the end of its life. It can also happen with a good battery if the phone is using more than it's drawing to charge. (The Note 3 draws 450mA from a USB port or car charger, and 1,200mA from the stock charger with the stock cable. So if it's using 500mA, because you're playing some game with lots of heavy graphics, and charging by USB, you're discharging 50mA every hour.)

Joshe Morales

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
I'm using stock charger, and i'm using only whatsapp or something like that its still draining the charge, i close all the apps just use whatsapp and still happens.
I dont let the charge goes very down so often, and my phone is just 5 months old, i bought it last august

DJantel Ware

Jan 14, 2015
Visit site
I had the same issue with my S3. I thought it was the battery, but it was the charger itself - at least switching to another charger helped. I now use a Note 3 charger and everything is back to normal.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084