Why did my Nexus 6 lose 30+ charge overnight?

EpicManifesto

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Nexus 6 lost 30%+ Charge overnight

So last night when I went to bed my phone was at 98%, the screen was on the lowest brightness and all my apps where closed. I went to bed at 11:00pm and woke up to find my phone at 64% at 5:53am this morning. I think it is a result of an app using the wifi or maybe the 5Ghz channel on my network drains the battery more.

The only things I know that where different about last night where the new battery indicator app I tried and that I was using the 5Ghz channel on my router. I have switched back to my old battery app and the 2.4 Ghz channel on my wifi. It seemed to fix the issue since then it has only lost like 1-2% battery.

My question, is this a common issue for androids? Should I be worried that my battery is bad? My app tells me the battery is healthy and is in a good temp range. I have left my phone on overnight with location and wifi on before and it drained like 4% in 8 hours. So I am assuming it was the different wifi channel and the new app that was running down the battery. Please let me know what you think. Thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Nexus 6 lost 30%+ Charge overnight

It'd be helpful to install an app like GSam Battery Monitor so that you can see a better battery usage breakdown than what Lollipop gives you.

I've found that certain live wallpapers can cause drain overnight, so see what happens if you use a static wallpaper instead.