Wwhy does my battery drain so fast?

emdodge30

Apr 18, 2015
Visit site
why does my battery drain so fast?

i charged my moto turbo for about am hour (i didn't use the original cord to charge) and it said it had charged to 100% but after using it for only 5-10 minutes it showed a low battery warning and completely shut itself off. :'(

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: why does my battery drain so fast?

It's a new phone (6 months old), so unless the battery is defective, or it's been abused (like constantly drained down to 0), it should act like that.

Plug it in and leave it (phone turned off) at least all night. If you still get only a few minutes, charge it for a few hours again, then look at Settings/General/Battery and see what's using most of the battery. That might give us a clue. (Otherwise the battery has to be replaced. Getting that done under warranty might be a hassle, because the battery isn't covered unless it's a manufacturing defect, which is almost impossible to prove.)

If charging it all night brings it back even a little (a few hours of standby), let it run until it tells you to charge it, then turn it off and charge it overnight again. Repeat 3 times - 3 charges, 3 discharges. If that doesn't bring it back, the battery is gone.

(Read The Care and Feeding of Lithium Polymer Batteries for more information.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress