Battery temperature spike

Zoostation

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Yesterday, my Droid DNA had a very noticeable spike in battery temperature while using it. I was on the phone and using LTE when I noticed my connection slowed down to a snails pace (even with 4 bars of reception) and the phone got warmer than it ever has before. I opened up Gsam and the battery temperature was reading about 113F, the highest I've ever seen it. Is this high enough to be a problem? Normally I don't get past 100F on most days.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
113F is getting to be pretty high--don't let it stay that high for too long. Has that recurred?

Zoostation

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Luckilly no. 100F is the highest I've gotten since then. I don't know that there's any correlation, but for about an hour and a half or so after the spike my phone was doing some strange things. While on speakerphone I had an options menu that I almost never use that popped up repeatedly. I had the phone on a countertop and I'd only touch it to close the menu and a minute or so later it would open itself up again (this happened 5 or 6 times before ending the call). I also shortly after had temporary issues where I'd tap something near the top center of my screen and the result was as if i had tapped a link to something different on the bottom right. Everything reverted back to normal though after about 90min.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781